Ian May cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have been riding my latest Ian May quite a lot and have close to 200 miles since getting it and i am enjoying it loads . My initial thoughts were to winterise it and use it as one of my winter bikes come the winter , but i am that impressed by it i am starting to think about having it refinished and built up again using some better parts ......

gareth01244

Veteran
After a chain of events I ended up in the fortunate position of having a few parts left over and decided to update my Blue Ian May, it was bought originally as just a frameset and the owner built it up himself with Shimano 600, I have stripped it down and rebuilt it with the help of my local bike shop and fitted it out with Ultegra 6600 components that I bought off a fellow CC member along with a set of Dura Ace 7800 sti levers, the parts where bought with the intention of fitting to a Mercian I have just bought but that ended up going a different way. Any just returned from a quick ride and here are a couple of pics.
IMG_8007.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8008.JPG
    IMG_8008.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8010.JPG
    IMG_8010.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8013.JPG
    IMG_8013.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 68

gareth01244

Veteran
Good question Martin, not sure, might keep them for another bike but I really shouldn't as I am at my limit, the parts are in really good condition, the wheels are Mavic Ma40s and are really nice as well, would you be interested, I could put a list together of the parts and message you?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Good question Martin, not sure, might keep them for another bike but I really shouldn't as I am at my limit, the parts are in really good condition, the wheels are Mavic Ma40s and are really nice as well, would you be interested, I could put a list together of the parts and message you?

Gareth i might be interested just in case i decide to keep the latest Ian May , so no rush but if you want to them by all mean put a list together but no promises

gareth01244

Veteran
Have given my Ian May a new look by fitting an Italia
20190526_115358.jpg
flite saddle and a set of open pro CD wheels. Came across the open pro rims in a local bike shop sale reduced to £20 the pair and had to buy them. A few months later saw some used 5700 105 hubs online and had them built up.

Attachments

• 20190526_115548.jpg
    20190526_115548.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 13

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have just been following this thread this evening, from the start, after following the latest Ian May rebuild thread, and I am smitten. I have fallen in love those bikes, particularly the blue framed versions.( I have a thing for blue frames my latest bike being a Condor Classico ) I may have to scour the ads for one.
0000004692_ad12a9e9-2183-4481-9a9f-db15c62c15ec.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Not another one! ^_^ Very nice spec but too small for me and too short in the wheelbase. Doesn't look any bigger than 21" and the TT seems rather short. With my feet, I'd get toe overlap if I tried to ride that.

Top Bottom