ICE 2010 lineup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Well I was given the £400 by someone who should know but as you say Ben it would be a lot more affordable at £250.

ICE seem to be well aware of marketing issues, hence the entry level model?? We will soon know the price and be getting some feedback from users.

OP
OP

45cotterless

I'll go with that. The most noticable feature of suspension is cutting down on fatigue. Every time you shake and rattle muscles are in work. This may not add up on a short run but over 100k you'll be glad that the suspension either tyre or frame has taken the strain and the pain.
I'll probably won't be ordering until the price is announced, which is nice!

byegad

Legendary Member
45cotterless said:
I'll go with that. The most noticable feature of suspension is cutting down on fatigue. Every time you shake and rattle muscles are in work. This may not add up on a short run but over 100k you'll be glad that the suspension either tyre or frame has taken the strain and the pain.
I'll probably won't be ordering until the price is announced, which is nice!

Even better to have if you get lost and cover 100 miles rather than 100km!

Oops did I type that?

Sorry Nick!

OP
OP

45cotterless

Yep, by some error of stupidity I signed up for a pleasant 60miles through the Cotswolds (not a flat area of the realm).
On noting that I was too late to get signed in at any of the staging posts, I saw that I had signed up for the 100 mile tour.
Given that no one in our tribe has any sense ( of direction ) and armed only with a set of instructions and no map I eventually arrived back at Meriden.
There was 122 miles on the clock, I met some thoroughly nice people who not only gave me advice but food and drink. Especially the kind lady who came to look at my bear mascot with the "Xmas my A.se" badge on!
I'd love to do another 60 miler, in company. I hear Byegad is similarly keen!!

dataretriever

well i'm up for one, i really enjoyed the London sightseer 100km through london and we didn't get lost once, despite 5 x A4 pages of instructions

OP
OP

45cotterless

I'm the guy in the avatar behind the wheel !!!

byegad

Legendary Member
45cotterless said:
Yep, by some error of stupidity I signed up for a pleasant 60miles through the Cotswolds (not a flat area of the realm).
On noting that I was too late to get signed in at any of the staging posts, I saw that I had signed up for the 100 mile tour.
Given that no one in our tribe has any sense ( of direction ) and armed only with a set of instructions and no map I eventually arrived back at Meriden.
There was 122 miles on the clock, I met some thoroughly nice people who not only gave me advice but food and drink. Especially the kind lady who came to look at my bear mascot with the "Xmas my A.se" badge on!
I'd love to do another 60 miler, in company. I hear Byegad is similarly keen!!

Hah! Do they do multi day 60 milers???

I can do 60 miles in one day but don't choose the winter solstice if you want me to finish in the light of the same day!

We did a somewhat hilly run of 36 miles at Bike Right and you fell asleep fully clothed when you got in, some hour and three quarters, or was it two hours, before me.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Back to the Big Apples, I've just removed the one from my rear wheel as it's incompatible with the new QR mudguard. I also found I had to remove them from the front wheels as they were forever fouling the front mudguards and I had to continually adjust the things. It's Marathons all round now.

Like others here, I think the suspension sounds a good idea but I'm not going to spend £400 on it, or even £250. I have a lot of squeaks from the elastomer on my rear suspension which causes a fair bit of annoyance and has to be continually silicone greased, so I'm not keen on introducing squeak possibilities to the front too!

markg0vbr

Über Member
i have big apple on, all round, they are nice and smooth. front suspension i might consider dependent on the price as the roads around here are terrible, on some of my regular rides i have to swerve all over the road to avoid the worst bits. rotherham tin box addicts have a appalling attitude toward trike let alone ones trying to avoid potholes.

Top Bottom