ICE 2010 lineup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
45cotterless said:
(cut)
I'd love to do another 60 miler, in company. I hear Byegad is similarly keen!!

Come and join us on the Isle of Wight Randonnee next year. Unfortunately I let the side down by riding an upwrong (wheel problem with trike). However there was a solid trike peleton with several members of this parish participating.

Really flat scenic route.

Wildduck

Flat on the IOW? Oh course it is! Have started immediately after the last one. Look forward to racing round next year!

Latest price quoted when I visited ICE at the beginning of the week was £500 for the front suspension. Apparently one of the team had just got back from Taiwan where they had been testing the kit.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Ouch! £500 is a bit steep.

The delightfully flat IoW Randonee route can be seen here for anyone contemplating it:

map-ge.jpg

elevation.jpg

Ride blog:
http://www.benlovejoy.com/cycle/tripreports/isleofwight/

Also depend which way... the hills are steeper and sharper on last year's anti-clockwise than nxt years clockwise.

However if you start at Kite Hill the Whippingham section is a nasty little sting in the tail!

Wildduck

Considering staying at Kite Hill again next year but starting at Cowes to avoid the slog at the end of the day. Although if I'm that much fitter and faster it shouldn't matter, especially if there's a promise of some Goddards at the end.....

DPatrick

That's what we would call a buzz-killer.

Can anyone explain the logic in ICE forcing rbr to kill the thread on the new Trice models with front suspension?
On this side of the pond, a manufacturer aims at building public interest in future products. In alii verbi, they want to maximize the buzz in hopes of increasing demand.

OP
OP

45cotterless

In the blurb, it appears that the info was for dealers only. As you said anything else new is open to advance viewing to satiate the appetite.
I had a ride on the new sports model and held the new folding rear end. I was told under no circumstances to publish any pics!!!

DPatrick

Debut at bike show?

Since ICE allowed you to ride their new sports model, and to hold the new folding mechanism, you must be one truly honest man, and worthy of trust. I salute you, but for those of us whom curiousity compels...
Weren't the new Trice models to be shown at a bike show? Surely there must be published reports from that show. Otherwise, what would be the point?

byegad

Legendary Member
I was at 45cotterless's secret meeting too. Save your money and just wait until you see the new line up. Truly great engineering and looks to die for.

DPatrick

I'll wait

Guess I'll have to wait until pictures and specs of the new Trice's are released. Can hardly wait to see the new performance models for 2010, and the equipment it comes with.

byegad

Legendary Member
DPatrick said:
Guess I'll have to wait until pictures and specs of the new Trice's are released. Can hardly wait to see the new performance models for 2010, and the equipment it comes with.

Good decision! Now how do I persuade Mrs byegad that I really need another trike?

DPatrick

Trice persuasion

Hey Byegad,
Show her the photos from the Interbike show in Vegas posted on the blog on RBR. These new Trice's fold into such a small package that they wont take up hardly any room in storage. It is said that a picture is worth ten thousand words, and there are plenty of pictures.
Just ignore the tired advice that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. HAH!!!

byegad

Legendary Member
I believe they were removed at ICE's request. Are they still there now?

My sneak preview was on the strict understanding that I took no pictures, or atleast if I did keep them to myself until after the official launch!

At the very least I'll be buying the new back end to get the fold!!!!!!

The RBR info is still there and includes:

We did, however, make it to the ICE booth where we learned all kinds of stuff. The 2010 models do not have a solid release date yet, only "some time in 2010". Don't look for these in the first quarter. But here is what's known. There are three models: the Adventure, the Sprint, and the Vortex. All three trikes feature the new ICE Trice folding mechanism which is a thing of beauty. We were asked not to shoot video of it, and we complied, but believe me when I say that the ease and speed of folding will have you wondering if its time to sell your current trike.

ICE has simplicity as a goal next year. They are reducing the product line from the mix of Q, QNT, T, TNT, and the varieties of stock colors to three trikes with one color each. This allows for a much clearer marketing message and a reduced headache for dealers who like to stock all the available models.

The Adventure, in blue, is the basic model. The Sprint is the mid-range model with suspension. The Vortex is the speed machine with a 700c rear wheel. Its black and red detailing is certainly striking.

Interesting - if you are quick the RBR photos are stillthere including this of the Vortex:

IMG_1327.jpg

This is the same decison that Catrike made with the 700

74_JPG.jpg

There is much debate as to whether the use of a 700 wheel is an efective upgrade to the (theoretically) stonger 26" wheel of the Expedition, but that is another discussion

Top Bottom