Ice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Jeffery

Hi Folks just a note to say be careful out there when icy. Went out yesterday in sunny Shropshire only to go up a lane that had no sun on it. A bit of black ice and boom off I came, now sitting here with a nice bit of road rash and a swollen elbow!
Be careful when cold guys!

vickster

Legendary Member
:B)Might want to add your story here

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/black-ice.170624/post-3425198

Heal well

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Ah, don't know that bit of the county specifically but I know there's no shortage of high hedges in the area.

I got pointed in the direction of some bargain studded tyres last week so am hoping they'll keep me upright on the lanes this winter. (Touches wood and crosses fingers :whistle:)

OP
OP
Andy Jeffery

Andy Jeffery

Yeah I know what you mean. Glad it wasn't a couple of weeks ago when I went up the Long Mynd. Fantastic day and beautiful area but would be a nightmare with frost!

gavgav

Guru
Makes me glad I didn't venture out yesterday along the Shropshire lanes. Hangover from works xmas do changed my mind and I went for it today instead.

Hope the damage isn't too severe

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Yeah I know what you mean. Glad it wasn't a couple of weeks ago when I went up the Long Mynd. Fantastic day and beautiful area but would be a nightmare with frost!
I had an icy ride up there about this time last year. Was just cold in the valley but was sheet ice higher up. It was interesting to say the least.:whistle: I was very slow coming down.

Top Bottom