Icons for healthy living...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
11971239281768335436doctormo_Put_Rubbish_in_Bin_Signs.svg.hi.png

I think we should replace the litter bin logo first. no idea why that disapeared, its disgusting with litter about my area at times

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think there is far too much emphasis on calories. Calories are a nessacity to stay alive . They give strength and energy so we need them. I think we should be more concerned about what food we eat than calories. Traditional food is a lot more healthier than fast food. Educate people in eating proper food and stop eating crap, that will be far more efficient than worrying about calories.

No problem with making a simple clear message.

But "calories" is just the wrong oversimplification?

Sorry, folks - it's the Long Read section of today's Guardian. But it's a bleedin good read - and ........... sugar might be a more sensible oversimplification?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A bit off-topic, but the calorific value of a particular food is the total value of the stuff that goes into your mouth. However, the resultant waste that comes out of your bum has a calorific value too. The difference between those two figures is the energy that your body processes. If your alimentary canal is particularly inefficient, you can pig out to your heart's content.:hungry:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I quite like it but it does oversimplify it a bit. However, for example, if a Snickers has an icon saying 1.5 hours of walking it does at least give an idea that an increase in calorie burn could be useful

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think it would need to be in cycle hours for me... And that would be the problem, my friend is a swimmer .... You can't put every sport on there.

Top Bottom