Ideal Bike Stand and tools, budget £300

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aserota

Über Member
Hi All,

Im fed up of taking my bike into bike shops for tinkering and regular services and am pretty confident about doing the work myself.

The bike is an ex world championship bike, full carbon trigon frame, forks seatpost, seat, handlebars etc. with dura ace brakes, and fsa pro carbon cranks with a durace ace chain.

Im looking to get a good workstand and so far have been drawn to
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Park-Tools-PR...yZ109122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would also like to get myself most/all of the tools i need for working on the bike. I already have a full tool kit (for general diy use) and also a chain tool.

I currently have issues with the derailier, front brakes and chain falling off. Simple repairs, but a pain without a decent stand.

Any advice?

longers

Legendary Member
I've got one of these, good price, well made and hopefully the only one I'll ever need. The only quibble I can see with it is that the bike is not held vertically (a couple of degrees out), it's not a problem just a quibble.

I've heard it said that it's worth getting a cheap alloy seatpost to use instead of your carbon one if you go for a stand that clamps onto that area. People don't recommend clamping onto carbon frames either, but you probably knew that already.

OP
OP
A

aserota

Über Member
Some really interesting stands there,

Im not concerned about price, as i use the bike everyday and will always be used (as i have got rid of the car).

any other opinions

Top Bottom