Ideal cheap tyres for Specialized Allez?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TobyM

Hi,
I'm looking for some cheap tyres, around £10 each, for my Specialized Allez which is still running the tyres it came with 1000+ miles ago, and they're looking a bit worn out. I went on CRC and had a look, and it appears there are actually quite a lot of tyres around this price mark - now I don't know what to choose!

I quite like the look of the Vittoria Rubino, does anyone have any experience with the this tyre? I quite like that it comes in red and black which would match my Spesh!

Is there anything better than the Vittoria Rubino for the price? Also, how does it grip in the wet?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I have used Schwalbe Lugano (these also come in colours if you want), they are okay, but IMO, tyres are one thing that it is worth spending a bit more on, it makes all the difference.

OP
OP
T

TobyM

Thanks Rob, I just had a quick look and they seem okay although the reviews on CRC are not as good as they are for the Vittoria ones. I'd quite like to get some more expensive ones but unfortunately that's out of the question!

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i had luganos on for 1500 odd miles before i wore the rear down in patches to the puncture protection strip. then again 18 stone of bloke plus commuting kit will do that to most tyres!!!

i have the front one ready to use as a spare if needed but i have gators on there know

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi,
I'm looking for some cheap tyres, around £10 each, for my Specialized Allez which is still running the tyres it came with 1000+ miles ago, and they're looking a bit worn out. I went on CRC and had a look, and it appears there are actually quite a lot of tyres around this price mark - now I don't know what to choose!

I quite like the look of the Vittoria Rubino, does anyone have any experience with the this tyre? I quite like that it comes in red and black which would match my Spesh!

Is there anything better than the Vittoria Rubino for the price? Also, how does it grip in the wet?

I love these tyres, for the price they are brilliant.
Last pair I had lasted near 4000 miles with only 2 punctures, 1 of those due to a pot hole.
Have done a lot of rising in the wet on the tyres with no problems.

With cheap tyres you pays your money and then takes your chance
Wrong.. 100% agreement (and that's a first) with B&Y below.

not with Rubinos you don't - they're excellent.

100% agreement (and that's a first) with B&Y below.

what's the previous best percentage been..?

Top Bottom