Ideal therapy dog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Greyhound, Whippet, Lurcher. They love being fussed and there is not too much attention for them. My Saluki is a bit aloof though, they are a dog that are a bit up themselves.

Another vote for greyhound :smile:

You could be on to something there as many of my clients have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: it's be good to have dog guaranteed to have more energy than them...

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Get a Jack Russell.
You'll need therapy shortly afterwards.:wacko:

We've got a JRT cross and most of the time he's a character and full of energy, other times he's a stubborn nightmare.
As the saying goes, you can tell a terrier, but you can't tell it much...

Greyhound, Whippet, Lurcher. They love being fussed and there is not too much attention for them. My Saluki is a bit aloof though, they are a dog that are a bit up themselves.

We see a couple of Saluki(?) out on walks and they are really standoffish, you know like those kids that thought they were really cool at school? ^_^

We used to have a Border Collie cross (with a Labrador, we think) and he was the most placid, even tempered dog I've ever encountered.

Venod

Eh up
Bedlington Whippet cross or pure Working Bedlington (but not with a fancy haircut) non shedding and a reputation for being fearless.

296E903400000578-3114620-image-m-8_1433714143536.jpg

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I can't see why you've not mentioned Labradors. Ok, they moult like jiggery, but if you get a nice, steady placid bitch you'll be on to a winner.
From my experiences i wouldn't get a brown/chocolate one. One of my neighbours has bred dogs and owned labradors for decades. He says black ones like he has now and gold ones are fine but not brown ones. I find them too bulky and stupid. I've nearly been knocked over by one when its owner came out with the usual 'he's only being friendly'.

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I have 2 therapy bicycles. :thumbsup:
:bicycle:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
From my experiences i wouldn't get a brown/chocolate one. One of my neighbours has bred dogs and owned labradors for decades. He says black ones like he has now and gold ones are fine but not brown ones. I find them too bulky and stupid. I'e nearly been knocked over by one when its owner came out with the usual 'he's only being friendly'.

Yes, there’s no such thing as an intelligent chocolate Labrador.

You are having a laugh, aren’t you? 40mph couch potatoes. Laziest dogs on the planet.

Good to know: this is why I'm asking: I don't have experience with many dog breeds, and most that I know are terriers...

Actually I'm not allowed to have a therapy session longer than 45 minutes at a time without changing dogs, but still, a greyhound probably wouldn't work too well with my clients...

Top Bottom