ideas for nutrition please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
You're all entitled to an opinion but going out of your way to wind each other up is not helpful or useful; neither is going wildly off-topic or dismissing someone's eating issues out of hand.

Please keep it civil and constructive. I won't ask again.

Thanks,
Shaun

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
fossala, many/most mental health problems/disorders are at least partially attributable to the society in which we live. But the cause doesn't negate the reality of the issue.

Furthermore many cases in our society are also only diagnosed because we live in a society with accessible medical care and in which knowledge and care have progressed hugely in recent decades. 50-100 years ago, these problems still existed (probably less so, for many social and economic reasons), but if you told anyone of your concerns or if anyone noticed your behavior you likely be branded as a lunatic and treated like a criminal or societal outcast and incarcerated in an asylum and then treat like shoot. So quite obviously, people wouldn't speak out about their issues.

Regardless of the "cause" of a mental health issue or disorder, it is still a legitimate issue that needs treatment, not being told to man up, grow up or whatever ignorant bullshit you wish to spout.

fossala

Guru
You're all entitled to an opinion but going out of your way to wind each other up is not helpful or useful; neither is going wildly off-topic or dismissing someone's eating issues out of hand.

Please keep it civil and constructive. I won't ask again.

Thanks,
Shaun
I was civil and constructive. I never used bad or insulting language. The only correct statement you said was that I was a bit off topic in replying to someone's gripe with a comment I made that was on topic.

fossala

Guru
fossala, many/most mental health problems/disorders are at least partially attributable to the society in which we live. But the cause doesn't negate the reality of the issue.

Furthermore many are also only diagnosed because we live in a society with accessible medical care and in which knowledge and care have progressed hugely in recent decades. 50-100 years ago, these problems still existed (probably less so, for many social and economic reasons), but if you told anyone or if anyone noticed you would be branded as a lunatic and treated like a criminal and incarcerated in an asylum and then treat like s***.

Regardless of the "cause" of a mental disorder, it is still a legitimate issue that needs treatment, not being told to man up, grow up or whatever ignorance bullshit you will to spout.
The problem that needs to be addressed is society then. Stop fast food and crap being put in front of us from young ages. Teach children how too cook, hell teach parents!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The problem that needs to be addressed is society then. Stop fast food and crap being put in front of us from young ages. Teach children how too cook, hell teach parents!

You do realise that even if you address the societal issues (preventative), you still need to treat those individuals who are suffering (restorative) also?

Shaun

Founder

Which would probably make a very interesting thread - but on this thread we're trying to offer advice to an individual to try and help him achieve a more healthy/balanced diet.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

fossala

Guru
You do realise that even if you address the societal issues (preventative), you still need to treat those individuals who are suffering (restorative) also?
Last comment on the topic so I don't get told off.

I think that there is a small handful that "can't" eat fruit and veg. I think the majority of people are picky. Same with overweight people, I think the majority choose too eat ridiculous amounts and not exercise then get gastric bypasses on the NHS or roll around in a mobility scooter, rather than them having a medical condition.

Shaun

Founder
I think that there is a small handful that "can't" eat fruit and veg. I think the majority of people are picky. Same with overweight people, I think the majority choose too eat ridiculous amounts and not exercise then get gastric bypasses on the NHS or roll around in a mobility scooter, rather than them having a medical condition.

Quite. But the OP is obviously looking to try and address his weight problem and it would be good if we could be supportive and encouraging.

You might want to start a thread in the Current Affairs forum about food in the modern society - I think you'll find a wide range of opinions and experiences and it'll make for an interesting thread.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

fossala

Guru
Quite. But the OP is obviously looking to try and address his weight problem and it would be good if we could be supportive and encouraging.
Your right, I got so involved in my "rant" that I forgot that the OP was trying to change. My apologies OP and good luck.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Last comment on the topic so I don't get told off.

No body ever chose to have a, mental health issue!

Shaun

Founder
Raging Squirrel has has some good advice so let's close the thread now and let him take it from here. I'm sure he'll report back in a new thread if he manages to make some progress. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom