Idea's with beef mince...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Onion, potato and carrot, salt and pepper. Boil potatoes, bung everything into frying pan, season and make a hash!

Like corned beef hash best, instead of mince:
After frying up the onion, fry the raw chopped potatoes, turnip and carrot for 5 minutes then add a half pint of water and a stock cube- but don't add any salt LF, as it's already got enough in the corned beef and stock cube- simmer until everything's cooked then just add the chopped up corned beef and heat through. It's great with chilli powder + HP sauce in too to spice it up. You can add anything into it you like to make it last longer- heat through some sweetcorn in it at the end- that stays really sweet.

You can swap the water for a tin of tomatoes but don't add any extra water then.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
If you can get somewhere for wraps and dip we like to use up mince in tortilla wraps- tends to be used as a bit of a fridge emptier.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Meatballs! Just chuck whatever herbs & spices you can in, mash it up a bit, seperate & roll into balls & fry till sealed up...then chuck them in a pan (maybe place, rather than actually chuck...in case of breakages) full of dolmio / onions and gravy for 20 mins. Bit of mash, bit of veg, bit of a bellyburp afterwards.

OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I agree, throw the mince away and go out for fish and chips.

I'm not saying the reason I have to use the mince up is because we got take out last night... but it could be true...:whistle:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Just realised I didn't get up early and prep all the veg, put everything in the slow cooker and will be not coming home to a yummy smelling house:sad:

So...got to use the mince up, quick tea idea's please... !

Not that quick, but lasagne: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lasagne_40419
Add what you fancy, I leave out the garlic.
OH complains that I'm making it again. (she's just said "boring", but then she doesn't like pasta)

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Steak Tartare, you've got hours before you need to start.

670px-Make-Steak-Tartare-Step-8.jpg
I was thinking of trying that a while ago but the recipe book said you need some really good fillet steak. There's an extremely poncy butcher about a mile from me so I went onto their website to find the cost of their steak. £63.50 per kilo.

I settled for sardines on toast.

Top Bottom