identify the noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Once per wheel revolution? Is it a spoke out of tension?

Steve Malkin

Veteran
+1 for seat,
I had a noise with similar symptoms for ages until I realised the tension adjusting nut on my Brooks B17 needed tightening slightly and silence was restored...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Anything to do with saddle, seatpost or pedals would consistently be at the same point in the pedal stroke.

Steve Malkin

Veteran
Anything to do with saddle, seatpost or pedals would consistently be at the same point in the pedal stroke.
Not in my case it wasn't.
It had more to do with how bumpy the road was and how hard my a*** was hitting the saddle :rolleyes:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
+1 for seat,
I had a noise with similar symptoms for ages until I realised the tension adjusting nut on my Brooks B17 needed tightening slightly and silence was restored...

See the " I am a 42 Karat Plonker " thread, in the cafe.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2486117, member: 45"]Still none the wiser after an evening of adjusting and tightening and riding up and down the road.[/quote]

Can you get someone else to ride the bike whilst you ride along side on another bike, to try ascertain where the noise is coming from?

RWright

Guru
I would remove the seat post if you haven't. Clean it and inside the seat tube and maybe put a little WD40 on it, put it back in and see if anything happens.

Top Bottom