Identify this Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
This beauty has popped up from nowhere in my patch of garden. I couldn't find any match in my flower books. It's got un notched lanceolate leaves opposite with thorny ness along the main central rib underneath. Leaf colour is pretty much the same top and underneath. The stem has thorns (not big) and as far as I can see there are no leaves at the base of the stem. Leaves pop out below the main bulgey bit with the flower on top. Apols for the lack of focus. I'll try again a bit later.

Yes - I know it's a Thistle. But which one? Can anyone help? TIA

1629038593870.jpeg

1629038627710.jpeg

Brandane

Legendary Member
Partick?

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Looks like some sort of teasel to me.
MrsD say's that it's a Teasel and I ain't arguing with her. :headshake:
I do believe you are all correct. I have self seeding teasels all over the place. Methinks this one hasn't fully grown and the initial head of bloom made it rather more thistle like.

Thanks both :thumbsup:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This beauty has popped up from nowhere in my patch of garden. I couldn't find any match in my flower books. It's got un notched lanceolate leaves opposite with thorny ness along the main central rib underneath. Leaf colour is pretty much the same top and underneath. The stem has thorns (not big) and as far as I can see there are no leaves at the base of the stem. Leaves pop out below the main bulgey bit with the flower on top. Apols for the lack of focus. I'll try again a bit later.

Yes - I know it's a Thistle. But which one? Can anyone help? TIA

View attachment 604375

View attachment 604376

Hey man! It could be Purple Haze.:wacko:

1629070883983.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom