Idiot tries to stop combined harvester, because it's 'spraying his family meal'!

Is he a complete 'townie idiot', or should the farmer stop his machine while they have their meal?

• he has a fair complaint y'know!

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Total idiot

Votes: 32 91.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Geese used to be kept as guards at the warehouses owned by Hiram Walker Distillers in Dumbarton. The warehouses were actually at Dumbuck and quite isolated even tho' the main road ran past but nothing else nearby apart possibly Dumbuck Hotel.
They were very effective and cheap to run.

Someone down my road does much the same. And yes, they're effective. And when they cease to be effective, there's always the crock pot... :whistle:

OTOH, one *really* doesn't want to be riding past that farm on a bike with no mudguards... :unsure:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Aren't Canadian Geese the most vicious? I/we went to Fairhaven Lake, Lytham St Annes quite a few years ago. I made the mistake of throwing some sandwich crusts to the ones that 'hang out' there. After they'd fought each other over the bits of bread they came at us, hissing, flapping their wings and even trying to peck our ankles! There must've been 60 or 70 of the things! Not only that, but I noticed geese crap all over the grass and paths. I think they had a cull of them a few years ago.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Someone down my road does much the same. And yes, they're effective. And when they cease to be effective, there's always the crock pot... :whistle:

OTOH, one *really* doesn't want to be riding past that farm on a bike with no mudguards... :unsure:

my mother used to be a rural postie a few decades ago. dogs were never any issue but a couple of farms had geese to run the gauntlet of... she kept a length of plastic hose pipe in her mail bag to whack any that came close.

my mother used to be a rural postie a few decades ago. dogs were never any issue but a couple of farms had geese to run the gauntlet of... she kept a length of plastic hose pipe in her mail bag to whack any that came close.

i can quite believe that - they can be right little sods.

Top Bottom