Idiot tries to stop combined harvester, because it's 'spraying his family meal'!

Is he a complete 'townie idiot', or should the farmer stop his machine while they have their meal?

• he has a fair complaint y'know!

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Total idiot

Votes: 32 91.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Just seen this on Talk TV.

That's your first mistake

gbb

Legendary Member
Former colleague lives in the Fens, his garden fence borders a very large field. He was complaining to me the bloomin farmer drove past his twice, dust all over the place...he was doing it deliberately :angry:
Seemed odd to me, its a farmers field, he's working the land, perfectly reasonably albeit slightly inconvenient...whaddaya live there for then ..i thought ?

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Hard to be totally sure without some more context but if he lives next door to an arable field that's been there for say... centuries, I'd be amazed that he wouldn't know that for a couple of days each summer there's a high risk of straw and dust ending up in your garden. It's not as if harvest time and/or harvesters creep up annanounced.

D

Deleted member 26715

It's them there townies moving out & spoiling it for everybody, didn't one manage to successfully get a set of church bells silenced after they moved into a village. I know a lot of motor racing circuits that are old RAF bases in the middle of nowhere are now having restrictions for noise put on them because housing developments are being built.

That is assuming that it's actually true & not just clickbait, I didn't watch it I kept my £0.000001 to myself.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The blooming farmer next to our caravan site always spreads much at Easter weekend and August. Just how it rolls, wouldn't be Easter without having to keep the doors closed. Can't be having him preparing his fields ! :laugh:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We get the dog off lead in a field full of sheep, sometimes lambs as well idiots around here. The farmer up the road who's land is next to the reservoir, often posts on the local Facebook page showing graphic pictures of sheep that've been attacked by dogs. Being a farmer she obviously has a dog and on talking to her over the years you can tell it pains her to have to resort to getting her shotgun out, but if she has to she will, though I haven't seen any posts by her saying she had to do so. We're also seeing the idiots attempting to set grass fires off, but fortunately the grass isn't bone dry like other parts of the country, so it takes some effort to get a fire to spread and they can be extinguished pretty easily.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It's them there townies moving out & spoiling it for everybody, didn't one manage to successfully get a set of church bells silenced after they moved into a village. I know a lot of motor racing circuits that are old RAF bases in the middle of nowhere are now having restrictions for noise put on them because housing developments are being built.

That is assuming that it's actually true & not just clickbait, I didn't watch it I kept my £0.000001 to myself.

....and people who move near a pub that has been there for centuries and then complain abut the noise at closing time....

Actually, the British Grand Prix used to be held on a Saturday so's not to disturb the church services in nearby Stowe Village... :laugh:

Top Bottom