Idiot tries to stop combined harvester, because it's 'spraying his family meal'!

Is he a complete 'townie idiot', or should the farmer stop his machine while they have their meal?

• he has a fair complaint y'know!

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Total idiot

Votes: 32 91.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Townie!!

D

Deleted member 26715

Or you could just buy the field next door and plant it with trees. Problem solved. :whistle:

That's virtually impossible around here, I've been looking for 40 years to be able to buy 4-5 acres, not a chance,

Chislenko

Veteran
Actually, the British Grand Prix used to be held on a Saturday so's not to disturb the church services in nearby Stowe Village... :laugh:

If memory serves me right I think there was no Sunday racing at Oulton Park for many years for the same reason.

There are people who make daft choices. But the thing that I find unethical is the way DM writes up their stories and make them as fools. And these people are advising others not to do daft things which most of us would not even contemplate.

The other day DM ran a story about couple who recently bought a house with a long garden and a few months later, the lumber yard next door erected high racks to store lumber only to have their views blocked. The aerial photos clearly shows they bought the house next to an industrial area.

If memory serves me right I think there was no Sunday racing at Oulton Park for many years for the same reason.

Can't comment either way on that one. But I know someone* who will know for sure. ^_^

* useful when one of your besties is a motor racing historian. :blush:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It's them there townies moving out & spoiling it for everybody, didn't one manage to successfully get a set of church bells silenced after they moved into a village. I know a lot of motor racing circuits that are old RAF bases in the middle of nowhere are now having restrictions for noise put on them because housing developments are being built.

That is assuming that it's actually true & not just clickbait, I didn't watch it I kept my £0.000001 to myself.

I can sympathise about church bells as we once camped somewhere near Cambridge and the bells nearly drove us mad. Fortunately we were only staying one night.
OTOH if I was going to buy a house somewhere I would check out the area in advance. Somebody local to here bought a house and wanted the cockerels silenced:rolleyes:. Personally I find the noise of hens outside outside my window rather soothing and reminds me of my childhood.

presta

Guru
I assume by 'spray', he means dust. There have been occasions when I've had to cycle through a cloud of insecticide, which I'm not particularly happy about, but I can usually hold my breath long enough.

DRM

Guru
I notice further down it says they had calves. Personally, I wouldn’t risk it.

We went to Nostell Priory on Sunday for a walk round the grounds, on the way in I noticed in the field of cows and calves there appeared to be a calf laid on it’s side, even I know that cows don’t lie on their side unless Ill or dead, it was 32c and was in the full glare of the sun, I reported it to the National Trust staff who rung the farmer, but he was too late, the mother was nudging it and mooing, they came and checked it, but just left it, the grass was like straw, with no moisture in it at all, the poor little thing must have been totally dehydrated, appeared to be a mainly black with some white patches too which won’t have helped.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Im in the same situation. There is harvesting all around us. They have to get the harvest in. When he starts we dont clean the Windows, dont hang out washing and dont sit out and eat if we hear he is likely to pass by. Its hardlings an inconvenience for a couple of weeks. He has a job to do.

20220815_185604.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
There are people who make daft choices. But the thing that I find unethical is the way DM writes up their stories and make them as fools. And these people are advising others not to do daft things which most of us would not even contemplate.

The other day DM ran a story about couple who recently bought a house with a long garden and a few months later, the lumber yard next door erected high racks to store lumber only to have their views blocked. The aerial photos clearly shows they bought the house next to an industrial area.
Yeahbut it provides content and we can all have a good laugh at their misfortune or stupidity depending on what view you take.
There are many channels on YouTube which thrive on the same thing and even fake it.

Chislenko

Veteran
Can't comment either way on that one. But I know someone* who will know for sure. ^_^

* useful when one of your besties is a motor racing historian. :blush:

I recall hitching there in my yoof to go and see the "Touring Cars". Obviously this was pre internet and you got your info from local paper / motoring mags etc.

So they tell me it is a touring car weekend and my hero Gerry Marshall would be there with Baby Bertha.

So yes I hitched it up there on a Sunday only to find a notice "Race Days Saturday and Bank Holiday Monday"

It also said something along the lines of "Local Noise Restrictions Means No Sunday Meetings"

I mean what right minded person wouldn't want to hear Baby Bertha!!

Top Bottom