Idiot tries to stop combined harvester, because it's 'spraying his family meal'!

Is he a complete 'townie idiot', or should the farmer stop his machine while they have their meal?

• he has a fair complaint y'know!

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Total idiot

Votes: 32 91.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
I have a British F3000 programme in my archive that's for racing on Good Friday at Oulton Park - dating from 1991. I also have another BF3000 one from later the same year, not on a bank holiday weekend, which is for racing on a Sunday. So it might actually vary. I'll try and clear it up.

My local circuit is Snetterton, which has fewer restrictions than most.

Mmmm Gerry Marshall and his droop-snoot Vauxhall Firenze... :becool:

Yes Reynard, if you read this wiki page (go to the 1960 / 1970's bit it talks about the Sunday restrictions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oulton_Park

Touring cars nowadays have ballast added, Gerry Marshall brought his own ballast😀😀

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Cows, geese or swans. Which would I fancy passing the least?!🤔 I think geese, as they are downright nasty! Cows are just a bit dumb and don't mean any harm...I think.:unsure:

Whilst I appreciate cattle do occasionally hurt or even kill people, it's always someone with a dog as they can take against dogs. That said bullocks, particularly older ones are curious and playful which can be a hazard if you do the wrong thing and to be fair they did get a bit boisterous after this photo was taken.

391369BD-0308-48C9-A022-78012C007925.jpeg

Yes Reynard, if you read this wiki page (go to the 1960 / 1970's bit it talks about the Sunday restrictions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oulton_Park

Oh, I'll have a look at that. And I've a nerding session with my mate later this evening as well. :smile:

Touring cars nowadays have ballast added, Gerry Marshall brought his own ballast😀😀

LOLOLOL! He also brought (or rather, his sponsors brought) topless models / grid girls along as well. There's a story about a promotional photo shoot, a very satisfied Gerry and an irate team boss who destroyed most of the photos... :whistle:

BTW, the BTCC doesn't run success ballast anymore - they've got hybrid "oomph" these days.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Whilst I appreciate cattle do occasionally hurt or even kill people, it's always someone with a dog as they can take against dogs. That said bullocks, particularly older ones are curious and playful which can be a hazard if you do the wrong thing and to be fair they did get a bit boisterous after this photo was taken.

View attachment 657530
The red cape can't help.

Unless your a self sufficient smallholder then your food comes from farming.

Combine harvesting isn't polluting the environment apart from the diesel engine which isn't the issue here simply some dust, Which is hardly an issue.

Hmm, farmers lung's not a lot of fun, but that's by the by to the main point, which is other industries would not be allowed to create a nuisance in that way.

Chislenko

Veteran
Oh, I'll have a look at that. And I've a nerding session with my mate later this evening as well. :smile:

LOLOLOL! He also brought (or rather, his sponsors brought) topless models / grid girls along as well. There's a story about a promotional photo shoot, a very satisfied Gerry and an irate team boss who destroyed most of the photos... :whistle:

BTW, the BTCC doesn't run success ballast anymore - they've got hybrid "oomph" these days.

I didn't know that Reynard about the ballast, I think the last BTCC I saw live was Gabrielle Tarqini in his 155.

I have given it a cursory glance on the TV recently but I can't tell one car from another nowadays!

NB. It would be about late 90's I think, the motor dealership I worked for had sponsored the meeting at Oulton Park. Ford (Andy Rouse) had objected to the front splitter on the Alfa 155 so they were banned from the race. Gabrielle Tarqini and his fellow driver (Simone?) sat with us for lunch. It's about 80 degrees and Mrs. Tarquini is wearing a fur coat!!

Anyway, I think we have hijacked this thread which I think was about cows or muck spreading 😀

DRM

Guru
Round this here neck of the woods, the vast majority of the harvest was in by the middle of July , just shows how dry it’s been

I didn't know that Reynard about the ballast, I think the last BTCC I saw live was Gabrielle Tarqini in his 155.

I have given it a cursory glance on the TV recently but I can't tell one car from another nowadays!

NB. It would be about late 90's I think, the motor dealership I worked for had sponsored the meeting at Oulton Park. Ford (Andy Rouse) had objected to the front splitter on the Alfa 155 so they were banned from the race. Gabrielle Tarqini and his fellow driver (Simone?) sat with us for lunch. It's about 80 degrees and Mrs. Tarquini is wearing a fur coat!!

Anyway, I think we have hijacked this thread which I think was about cows or muck spreading 😀

1994 ^_^

The Alfa 155 was the car that pretty well much gave birth to the Supertouring era. I'll whip off my nerd hat now. :blush:

Top Bottom