Idiotcam recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
An update.

Couldn't get the camera to work; it kept complaining that the micro SD card needed formatting, despite it being formatted.

I submitted a one-star review to Amazon (which hasn't yet been published). After I'd let off steam, though, I swapped the 64GB card for the 16GB one in my phone... And it worked.

I bought a 32GB one, put that in... It worked. Seemingly it can't handle a 64GB card, but there's nothing in the documentation to tell you this.

I'll amend my review, should it ever be published ^_^

Anyway, it works just fine, and the picture quality is excellent on 1080HD. I now have a new way of telling people how long my commute is, it's about 7GB each way.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What classes of memorycard were you trying? I think you need class 10 or better to be able to write to it fast enough.

ianbarton

Veteran
An update.

Couldn't get the camera to work; it kept complaining that the micro SD card needed formatting, despite it being formatted.

I submitted a one-star review to Amazon (which hasn't yet been published). After I'd let off steam, though, I swapped the 64GB card for the 16GB one in my phone... And it worked.

I bought a 32GB one, put that in... It worked. Seemingly it can't handle a 64GB card, but there's nothing in the documentation to tell you this.
way.

I bought an SJCam Po from Amazon recently. The video and stabilization were great. However, the front display didn't work out of the box. Returned to Amazon and got a replacement. The front display worked for all of three days. Returned to Amazon and got another replacement. The front display didn't work out of the box. Returned for a refund. SJCam clearly has reliability issues. Check Youtube for more stories like mine.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I bought an SJCam Po from Amazon recently. The video and stabilization were great. However, the front display didn't work out of the box. Returned to Amazon and got a replacement. The front display worked for all of three days. Returned to Amazon and got another replacement. The front display didn't work out of the box. Returned for a refund. SJCam clearly has reliability issues. Check Youtube for more stories like mine.
You had a duff one or two, had mine 3 years this July and use it a lot been fine

ianbarton

Veteran
You had a duff one or two, had mine 3 years this July and use it a lot been fine

I had three duff ones! I think there is a quality control/reliability problem with the model I had.

Top Bottom