Idiots in a Group

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
Well I have possibly just seen the worst example of bad cycling that I have ever seen. I had been into my local town centre (Shrewsbury) for a haircut and was driving back towards the Gyratory system at Abbey Foregate when I approached the junction for Coleham and a group of about 10 or so cyclists, all in the full Lycra gear, etc, just came straight out into my path, from the road to my left, forcing me to swerve to avoid them :huh:

I then came to the next junction, where there was a bus trying to pull out of a bus stop and they decided to come around both sides of my car and try to squeeze past me and the bus and then around the wrong side of my car, pulled across the front of me, and out in front of cars coming from the right and then proceeded off over the English Bridge.

Complete and utter prats who are likely to get knocked off riding like that with no care and attention at all. Is it the mentality that they are in a group and so are invincible?

At a time when we criticise car drivers for their bad behaviour towards cyclists, this is the opposite end of the scale.

:scratch:

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
:popcorn::popcorn:

OP
OP
G

gavgav

Guru
There are idiots in all walks of life.
But no one deserves to be knocked off.

If it was a club, where they wearing a club jersey? Perhaps send an email to the club secretary.
I have an idea that they were on a group ride from a local cycling shop, but have no proof. Deserve is probably the wrong word, but you get my point

vickster

Legendary Member
I think he is implying to balance the books as cyclists use camera footage of motor vehicles as proof of bad driving :smile:

I'd email the club saying that you believe the protagonists to be a club group

Milzy

Guru
Well I have possibly just seen the worst example of bad cycling that I have ever seen. I had been into my local town centre (Shrewsbury) for a haircut and was driving back towards the Gyratory system at Abbey Foregate when I approached the junction for Coleham and a group of about 10 or so cyclists, all in the full Lycra gear, etc, just came straight out into my path, from the road to my left, forcing me to swerve to avoid them :huh:

I then came to the next junction, where there was a bus trying to pull out of a bus stop and they decided to come around both sides of my car and try to squeeze past me and the bus and then around the wrong side of my car, pulled across the front of me, and out in front of cars coming from the right and then proceeded off over the English Bridge.

Complete and utter prats who deserve to get knocked off riding like that with no care and attention at all. Is it the mentality that they are in a group and so are invincible?

At a time when we criticise car drivers for their bad behaviour towards cyclists, this is the opposite end of the scale.

:scratch:
What hair cut did you have any pics? Do you style it with gel or wax or what??

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've encountered poor group riding skills on the fun rides I've done.

Close passing without a call, weaving randomly across the cycle path, and I think I now know what it's like to be half-wheeled.

Oh, and stopping/slowing without warning is another one.

OP
OP
G

gavgav

Guru

T.M.H.N.E.T I am a cyclist and have experienced numerous close passes, etc, and so am perfectly aware of the levels of bad driving out there towards cyclists. However it is events like this that will only annoy non cycling car drivers even more and make them more likely to cut us up. Please kindly remove the part of your post that describes me as having said the above, as that isn't the case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom