If every nation had a job in your world...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I know it's been discussed countless times, probably at the drunken aftermath of dinners and parties but... if every nation could be given one job in your world, who would do what? For my world restaurant,

The French would do the market stalls and delis.
The Lebanese would make the food and run the service.
The Italians, the ice creams and the wines, just to piss off the French.
The Germans would do the transport and logistics
The Spanish, the cold drinks and the tapas.
The Swedish would do the waitresses.
The Portuguese would do the port and the fish courses.
The Belgians, the chocolates.
The Cubans, the cigars.
The Hungarians, the cold soup.
The Nigerians would run the cash desk.
The Irish would lay on the music.
The Scots, the whisky, obviously.
The Welsh... er.... provide the coal for the open fire.
The Americans would do the security.
The English would do the whining and sitting around.

What about your world?

Sambu

surely the English would do the ale?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
English and Irish in charge of humour, Spaniards in charge of attitude to life (with some food responsibility), Italians in charge of food generally. Germans, well, organising things I guess. French in charge of shoulder-shrugging (and banned from trying to make any popular music, which is the preserve of the English and the Yanks).

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'd get the French in on the food front as well, although I'm already thinking of andouillette pizzaxx(.
Us and the French can organize the cheese. They can have some input on the wine too.
Austria can be in charge of cake, Sicily gets to run Ice-creams with some input from New Zealand.
Hoki-poki (JFGI) rules
Barbados and the Caribbean generally are in charge of rum and cocktails.
The Scots can organise smoked salmon and whisky, with some input and an extra 'e' from the Irish.
And the Dutch can organise the Coffee shops;). Where's Lord of the Pot when we need him?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
'The Russians and Poles can be in charge of supplying the Vodka.
The Czechs can do the black Lager.
The Scottish the black pudding, flat sausage, Raspberries, Rebus, Smoked Salmon, Taggart and Whisky.
The English can do the Ale (there, said it), Brass bands, Inspector Morse, red phone boxes, Routemaster buses, Sherlock Holmes and Tea at 4 o'clock,
The Welsh can do the coal, the dragons, Larva bread, Rugby, the singing, sheep and steam engines called Ivor.
The Irish the prize winning racehorses, Jockeys and Guinness
The Icelanders for Bjork, the great Geizers, the Trolls and Volcanos (but not the Banks).
The Finnish for Nokia phones and Sibellius.
The Danish the Bacon and Lego for the kids
The Norwegians to provide us with Hurtegruten Cruises, trips to see the Aurora Borealis and Herring.
The Swedish for chefs saying 'Hurdy Gurdy!', the Hasselblad Cameras, Volvos and Kurt Wallander (with Jussi) to solve the crimes along with the other detectives mentioned

The Lichtensheiners as well as the Swiss can do our Bank accounts.
The Belgians can make the Chocolate, Pommes Frittes as well as Hercule Poiroit and Tintin.
The Germans and Japanese can supply us with all the electrical equipment we need.
The Bavarians (German, yes) can do the beer and Sausages.
The Andorrans can do the hilly cycle routes.
The French and Italians can do the main food.
The Cubans can provide the Cigars and classic cars
The Colombians can provide the coffee as well as anything else along with the Afghans and Dutch :smile:.

The Indians can supply us with as much curry as is considered polite to the botty department and also, the Indians, along with the Japanese, Germans and Swiss for the railways.

The Aussies can do the Barbie and play practical jokes on everyone with their Vegemite.
The New Zealanders can play everyone at Rugby and do the lamb.
The other Pacific Islanders can look pretty in their traditional costumes and lecture us on the perils of rising sea levels along with the Bangladeshis.

The Antarcticans can provide the Penguins for comedic value.

Meanwhile, the Bhutanaese, Bukino Fasoins, Greenlanders, Mongolians and the rest of the world (I just wanted to get them in somewhere) can just be there for the ride and enjoy the HUGE carnival provided by the Brazilians!

Top Bottom