If I was to buy a helmet cam ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
:wacko:

WTF was all that about?:wacko:

Leodis

Veteran
Just ride your bike and get to work.....no need for a camera if you ride your bike properly.........

Tell that to the numerous hit and run around Yorkshire, I take it your bike is easy to replace. That has to be one of the daftest posts I have read on here for a long time "no need for a camera if you ride your bike properly", so what happens when a driver mows into you, is that the cyclist fault as well?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I don't think it will matter soon. Go pro has been market leader for a while but one must remember they are a mounts based company. The pros are entering the market now. 3 years time I think go pro will be the new contour.
:wacko: What are you on? Yes they make some mounts but so did contour. The difference is that GoPro has produced the camera with the best quality image for some time. I highly doubt that in 3 years time the likes of Sony and JVC are going to produce a better camera (including mounts) and take the market lead away from GoPro.

It will take a huge amount of money to do so.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
You do not necessarily need to wear a helmet, some cameras come with headbands.
Also you could just mount it on the handle bars.
Be warned, on a recent ride (a long one I'll grant you) two of my groups Go-Pro bike mounts failed and dropped the cam to the floor into traffic.

Both failed in exactly the same point, just above the bracket. it seems vibrations kills the plastic and causes cracks.

BSRU

A Human Being
Be warned, on a recent ride (a long one I'll grant you) two of my groups Go-Pro bike mounts failed and dropped the cam to the floor into traffic.

Both failed in exactly the same point, just above the bracket. it seems vibrations kills the plastic and causes cracks.
Hopefully the RAM mounts I use dampen some of the vibration.
It is one of the negatives of a GoPro and Sony the lack of lanyard attachment in case of mount failure.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
It is one of the negatives of a GoPro and Sony the lack of lanyard attachment in case of mount failure.
I did have a picture but cant find it on my phone, the small black arm that turns the cam from right angles to the bar mount, to 90 degrees, just sheered . on mine ... then two days later sheered on another guys. We' d each only ridden 100 or so miles with them mounted and were on tarmac roads.

I was very disappointed.

I don't use the go pro any more for cycling, the files are too large, the formats too incompatible and the files don't offer edit points so you end up having to watch a lot of footage to find the bit you want.

Blurb

Über Member

The Sony has a small "eyelet" in the waterproof case which I thread a thin cable tie through and connect to a re-usable cable tie on the bar as a backup to the Minoura mount. Haven't had a problem with the mount, but Sod's Law the one time I forget to connect it something happens.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Found this maniac:

HX02 FSS

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCtEjGFR7wQ

Not my clip, look closely at 1:40, no driver id and no progress with the cops, as far as I can see.

Nothing actually happened to the cyclist in this clip! It just goes to prove the point of pointless YouTube uploading and this particular camma going out just looking for something to film. So a van undertakes a few vehicles. Why do you feel compelled to upload this when it has bugger all to do with cycling safety?

Top Bottom