If Only

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
They obviously think or have even been proved that motorists can be thick the number of times they need to say it, it's not even if it looks that open!

young Ed

Veteran
They obviously think or have even been proved that motorists can be thick the number of times they need to say it, it's not even if it looks that open!
when i start driving i will be in a landrover so if that sign wasn't there i would quite happily drive on, that looks lovely compare to some of the farm tracks round here!
Cheers Ed

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A single track lane i use has been "closed" for a couple of months while they rebuild a high wall that collapsed, luckily there has been enough room to get around the works on a bike so i have had a nice stretch car free for a while.

Drago

Legendary Member
Ed, you buy a Landie you'll spend more time under it than in it. I've had 8 and loved them to bits, but they're a mare to keep in good fettle. Since I went Japanese all have had to replace in a year is a hoseclip - dull, but rather nice!

young Ed

Veteran
Ed, you buy a Landie you'll spend more time under it than in it. I've had 8 and loved them to bits, but they're a mare to keep in good fettle. Since I went Japanese all have had to replace in a year is a hoseclip - dull, but rather nice!
we don't own hundreds of spanners and sockets and every other tool i could think of for no reason! at times i have been tempted to buy a cheap chainsaw/strimmer or lawnmower engine just to pull it apart and put it back together again!
for me i expect i will enjoy the fettling and pissing about underneath the thing just as much as i will driving it

after all nothing better than starting up the engine after fiddling about with it for a few hours :smile:

what jap did you get, isuzu? or a car?
are you able to list the 8 landies you have had?
Cheers Ed

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 3422597, member: 9609"]
roadsclosed_7135_zpsc035dabf.jpg~original
[/QUOTE]
I'm suddenly considering a CX bike

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
You'd think. Have you seen the state of roundabouts in Swindon? It's probably less bumpy to just go over them!
While we're on roundabouts - and a number of CC threads do seem to go around in circles - I remember seeing Milton Keynes roundabouts in search of sponsors and now the Rotherhithe roundabout at the south end of the tunnel has got itself sponsored by a local undertakers. Undertaking is the last thing you need when you're on that roundabout. Anyway, do Swindonians have sponsored roundabouts too?

andyfraser

Über Member
While we're on roundabouts - and a number of CC threads do seem to go around in circles - I remember seeing Milton Keynes roundabouts in search of sponsors and now the Rotherhithe roundabout at the south end of the tunnel has got itself sponsored by a local undertakers. Undertaking is the last thing you need when you're on that roundabout. Anyway, do Swindonians have sponsored roundabouts too?
I don't know actually. When I'm going round one I'm watching out for potholes and cars pulling out.

A single track lane i use has been "closed" for a couple of months while they rebuild a high wall that collapsed, luckily there has been enough room to get around the works on a bike so i have had a nice stretch car free for a while.
The first quarter of my route to work is on a narrow country lane and it ends just after a double hump bridge over the river. When repairing the bridge last winter, they closed the road to cars but it was still accessible to bikes and there was a pedestrian bridge over the river (basically scaffolding with some planks over the top and a handrail). Without cars on the road I noticed the following:
It was lovely!
Without the car noise, it felt like cycling in a bubble in the dark
It took me a while to realise that I found it weird that there wasn't any road kill (usually at least one most days when there are cars)
I didn't realise how much debris from overhanging trees is cleared by road traffic
It's nice to be able to ride on the other side of the road (still felt naughty doing it though!)
You risk life and limb going over a bridge above running water when it's frosty and you've got cleats on!

Top Bottom