If there's one word I hate....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
...it's 'unsubscribe'. Implying, as it does, that I would ever in a million years have subscribed to receive your crappy brain-dead spam about your crappy worthless product or service, you third-rate bottom feeder.

And breathe...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Oh absol ...... err yeah - you are quite right, Rocky ..... :laugh:

slowwww

Veteran
2 words really wind me up. 'Like', as in "...and I'm like so disappointed that I have no grasp of the English language" and 'basically' as in "...and basically I'm a numpty but by putting basically in the sentence every 10 or so words I'm inferring you're too stupid to understand the full-strength version of what I'm saying and so i'm going to patronise you instead, basically".

Tribanite

well basically i hate the word basically, because when people use it, they say things like "well basically what happened is xyz", and they then proceed to basically give me a detailed explanation on xyz, incorporating letters A-W along the way ............... basically!!! :cursing:

snorri

Legendary Member
I notice 'Legacy', when used to mean longer term benefits for the nation, eg Olympic ....... is being attached to all sorts of projects in order to make them easier to bear.
The word gets me down a bit when it is obvious I will not benefit at all.:sad:.

Edited to add "at all" to my post:evil:

:biggrin:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I hate the word 'absolutely' which seems to have become incredibly ubiquitous these days :angry:
AbsoLUTEly.

That's what people say when they can't think of anything else to reply to something you've just said. Like when we say (and let's face facts, we've ALL said this) 'We should nuke Belgium and bomb it back to the stone age!' we hear a veritable chorus from all those in the immediate vicinity, 'AbsoLUTEly!!!'

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I agree with all the above, hate them all. A phrase you done hear so much now, but used to be very fashionable was "can't be bad" . Gawd that used to make my teeth itch.

My current pet hates are the phrases " up for grabs" often used by unimaginative radio presenters and the words " for free" that really gets my dander up.

Top Bottom