If there's one word I hate....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
The strange thing about the OP's word (unsubscibe) is that by clicking on the "unsubscibe" button you're actually demonstrating to the originator that you've bothered to read his crappy email and he's therefore more likely to send you more 'electronic effluence'.

So in a strange juxtaposition (now there's a word you can get your teeth into :smile: ) by clicking "unsubscibe" you're actually subscribing :wacko:

Gary E

Veteran
Oh Oh......."do you know what I mean?" at the end of every sentence really gets my goat. One of my ex-wife's friends ended every bloody sentence that way :cursing:

Oh Oh......."do you know what I mean?" at the end of every sentence really gets my goat. One of my ex-wife's friends ended every bloody sentence that way :cursing:

"I was walking along the road, right? And, you know when you get to the traffic lights, right? you get halfway across and you have to stop, yeah? and let the buggers on bikes go first before you get to the other side right?

It doesn't really matter though, right?

Shaun

Founder
Sick - meaning "good" or "cool". My 9 year old uses it all the time and it just sounds so wrong to my ears.

Oh, and people who extend words to add emphasis instead of using italics; it's soooooo wrong.

"I was walking along the road, right? And, you know when you get to the traffic lights, right? you get halfway across and you have to stop, yeah? and let the buggers on bikes go first before you get to the other side right?
It doesn't really matter though, right?

Same, only "yeah?" instead of "right?" #$**@@#%!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I used to have a girlfriend that hated the word Cadbury, for no other reason other than the way it sounded. Most odd.

snorri

Legendary Member
CycleChat is great, not only helping us gain vast knowledge of road craft and cycle repairs, but improving our typed and spoken language skills at the same time.^_^

Standing by for a Like from Shaun for this post:whistle:

If only it could tell us which words of wisdom are best absorbed and which are best discarded.:biggrin:

jugglingphil

Sick - meaning "good" or "cool". My 9 year old uses it all the time and it just sounds so wrong to my ears.

Oh, and people who extend words to add emphasis instead of using italics; it's soooooo wrong.

My 10 year old thinks good things are "sick" as well. Deep breath and relax.

Top Bottom