If you could be a top athlete in any sport...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Darts or ten pin bowling. I'm rubbish upto 3 pints, then quite good but after 4 pints it goes down hill fast.

Hardly anyone mentions cycling. Bloody haed work that. No ta. ^_^
Which one's you Fossy? :smile:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
An England footballer. You dont even have to train. By the looks of things.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
(I was a nurse, many years ago)
(I was good at swimming and very good at diving (somersaults, etc)
I got disqualified from the breaststroke (after winning) because of using a 'screw kick' rather than a conventional kick.
Fnaar was a nurse who liked diving and got disqualified from the breaststroke for doing it wrong.

Oh er missus.

Finbar Saunders would have a field day with that sort of information.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Has table tennis been mentioned yet? They say or used to say that being good at snooker or pool was a sign of a miss-spent youth,but at our during my school days it was table tennis that led you astray. We'd frequently skive crappy lessons like maths,science,drama and i suppose all the others to have table tennis knockouts. My mum and dad's house was a favourite venue as i was one of the few trusted with a front door key.:whistle: Our dining room table although oblong in shape was good because it opened up to about the size of a full sized TT table. I became so good that i fancied it as a 'career'. Sadly my aspirations came to an end one day when my dad came home early and caught about 8 of us having a table tennis knockout. He read me the riot act saying that if he caught me skiving again he'd 'shove that bat where the sun don't shine'!:eek:. So that was it. No more ideas of becoming a pro table tennis player(If such a thing existed) After that episode me and a few others took up air rifle shooting up at the local reservoir. That was also done in school skiving time as well.:whistle:

matiz

Guru
Are there any famous table tennis players these days,I remember years ago Desmond Douglas and Chester Barnes were household names in the sport.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Yard of Ale athlete

This guy is a lightweight

upload_2018-8-10_10-48-0.jpeg

Top Bottom