If you could be a top athlete in any sport...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Which sport requires the least effort? I could be top in that one easily ^_^

Edited to add: Actualy, if I had to pick a "proper" sport it would probably be badminton. I enjoyed that as a youth, but when I had a game after a few years break, I could hardly move for the next few days!

Last edited:
In my younger years I trained in Kyokushinkai knockdown karate, I made it once to the England team but I was never world class. I loved every minute of it but to have the strength and the talent would be phenomenal. I had size and strength but lacked the lightening quick ability of rear spinning kicks.

Kyokushinkai Knockdown was a precursor to K1 and then UFC but not so brutal.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I reckon you could do it it once, dave!

Right, I'll climb up to the top of Kings College chapel this afternoon in me big coat.... I'll let you know how it goes.

Hopefully.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Baseball player.
From as early as I can remember I used to be able to throw further, faster and more accurately than any of my contemporaries. Even when I left school up to my early 30s, I used to enjoy throwing stones, balls, etc. for distance and accuracy, just for the hell of it.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I would of liked to be a top pro cyclist, plenty of money whilst in contract, and chances of a TV pundit job or working for a team as a DS after all the hard work and effort.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
5 pages long & only 1 wants to be a pro cyclist (on a cycling forum :rolleyes:) ? That would be my choice, for a start I'd be a few stone lighter :laugh: & I'd be getting paid to ride a bike, win win :okay:
It's the last thing I'd want to be. Pro cycling is poorly paid and is really hard and painful

Golf...get paid a shed load to have a nice walk and you can continue into err..."late middle age". Only downside are all the self-gratification artists with their jags and g&ts but the money will compensate for that

Profpointy

Legendary Member
It's the last thing I'd want to be. Pro cycling is poorly paid and is really hard and painful

Golf...get paid a shed load to have a nice walk and you can continue into err..."late middle age". Only downside are all the self-gratification artists with their jags and g&ts but the money will compensate for that

Golf's quite a tricky game: getting the ball up a ramp, past the windmill blades into the clown's mouth requires skill

Top Bottom