If you could change...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It is rather pointless regretting things - especially when you're happy - but if I had to chose, I wish I'd...
Never had to leave Norway...
Never gone to boarding school...
Carried on studying Chinese at university... and related to that...
Kept in touch with the most beautiful woman and talented woman I ever met so that she didn't have to wait until several years after we lost touch to realise she had been in love with me...
Written the short stories and novels I had in mind instead of watching whilst inferior versions of similar ideas were published... (easy to say, of course!)
Learnt to play guitar properly...
Not been quite so damn charming ;) and rather less of bastard when I was younger.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Seeing more of my grandfather while he was still alive.

domtyler

Über Member
Cathryn said:
There's a particular boyfriend I would give my right leg not to have gone out with!!

Bloody hell, I know I kept leaving my pants on the bathroom floor and didn't always floss, but I wasn't THAT bad was I? ;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
mickle said:
I wish I'd seen more of my grandfather too.
Wish I'd given my father a smack in the gob before he died.

I never gave my step-father a smack in the gob. Or my mate's ex-boyfriend, and he richly deserved one.
Hmmm. Nice idea, mickle.
You've got me thinking now...
*makes list*
Don't worry, I'll burn it later.
It's just nice to think I could nip round and 'surprise' them.:biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
I've never understood anyone who says they have no regrets. Sure from a positive veiwpoint there's no point dwelling in the past but we all regret something. Except people like Janet Street Porter who have no shame. Maybe |'m doing her down unfairly.

I regret not clearing the air with my mother before she died. I guess there's quite a few who could say something similar.

stevenb

I look back on a few things that have happened. Some I regret strongly.

However...I might not be in the position I am in today had I not chosen the path in life that I took.

ChrisKH

Guru
Disgruntled Goat said:
Wish I'd asked all those girls out.

Amen to that! Having said that, if I had, there's a good chance the two sons I have might look very different now. Or possibly be daughters.

No real regrets here regarding my own life... Everything happens for a reason, and it's normally to teach you something...
However this morning's wish is 'I wish people didn't see me as their emotional dustbin' ... just spent a weekend with members of my husband's family offloading their crap onto me and it's all been too much! As if I haven't got enough shoot to deal with already :biggrin:

Top Bottom