If you could not go more than 2km from your home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimidh

Veteran
I’m lucky. I have woods opposite our house with good Singletrack trails.
I could do a good gravel loop round some of the local Estates.
Got a good steep climb for hill repeats, even a loop round my town has enough climbs to keep the fitness levels up.

luckily I’m a key worker so I can still ride into work when I want to. That’s a nice 30 mile round trip.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
How can 3 miles of beach be within 2 km? (The start of the beach might be but you can't claim all of it! :laugh:)

PS I've just realised that it might be an arc of beach ALL less than 2 kms away - sorry!
Only if you live on a boat anchored 1.9km out to sea....

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Urban sprawl - 2km would just about get me to the edge of where the countryside starts, so very little in terms of anywhere I'd actually choose to cycle. Continuing the Half Century Challenge could be interesting...
There are a few bits of green space to walk the hound, fortunately.

In terms of amenities, a huge Tesco Extra, a Co-op, five post offices, several mini-markets, a shopping centre with a couple of decent butchers, a greengrocer, a bakers, a Wilko, a Home Bargains, a frozen food shop, several banks and a Poundland. There are other shops but I presume they'd be closed.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have 2 fields and a large pond I can go walking around and opposite my property is a large area of common land on the hills that I have access to as well. There are no paths or pavements here, so that is out of the question.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
10 pubs... 🍻

A dry pub crawl

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
People are pushing the daily exercise. I have friend or two that is out for hours.... really, seen you on strava. Today's exercise was weeding the garden for me. Ouch.

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
I have a big local park. Cycling through it though is bad enough with its narrow paths, so I don't think I would want to exercise in it. Food wise I think I could get to the local co op :-/

Top Bottom