If you managed to ride today.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Normal commute for me, a touch slippery on my road and the next one, the the cycle path by the Griff island was also slippery but nothing to worry about, I didn't feel the need to go round the island. I would like to loose the head wind homeward bound though.

In leafy Bucks this morning it was reasonably warm (2C), bright and sunny, and not that windy (13mph) so went out for a 16 miler :smile:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i was ready to go, all kitted up. then mrs alecetc, who has been under the weather with something akin to man flu, begged me to train it in as i'd be back earlier and she could then go to bed (we have young kids).

might have been for the best, not because there was a bit of the white stuff on my road (the rest of the way is all gritted roads), but because i'm not sure i haven't picked up her cold. hopefully it'll last today only, as i used to be pretty resistant the last time i was putting a decent regular milage in…

I rode in.... and so did the SmallestCub, who is 7. Thus maintaining our near-full house (we missed one trip home and then one back to school the following morning when the bike was in the LBS for its 12 month service) of riding for all the school runs to or from the CrinklyDen (and then the onwards commutes for me) since September.

10906369_10152921828661839_5375671388622877611_n.jpg

Mind, I will call a halt if we get Proper Ice. The idea of coming off, in traffic, with him on the back, gives me the heeby-jeebies.

howdenbiker

Frosty start and wind in face from the west. Frosty return and wind in face now blowing from the east! Always enjoy my commute as long as I'm warm :-}

Sara_H

Guru
I had a lift in from OH this morning, took bike in car as would be needing to ride home, however, a visitor to my department told me it was still really icy out so I left bike at work and caught the bus home!
So I wussed out twice!

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
I have a great plan for winter mornings...l heat all my clothes on the radiators before leaving....hit the the streets face the wind and rain...get into work early and grab the very hot radiator where I dry all my clothes. I then ride home and the cycle starts again (nice little pun^_^^_^)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just very windy on the way home. I was on the tank though. Still just about managed to outrun a chap on a quick hybrid despite my snow tyres.

Top Bottom