If you managed to ride today.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

die_aufopferung

I've not left yet as my shift doesn't start 'till midnight - but that wind's sounding distinctly unpleasant! It won't stop me, though, just make me again consider fashioning some sort of sail attachment for my rear rack :smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Rode in, evening shift, waited for a respite in the storm, set off a bit early, escaped most of the rain.
The ride back home was very windy, little rivers everywhere :ohmy:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I seriously considered walking for a hundred yards on the way back from work. I had been blown a few feet sideways by the wind, not pleasant in busy traffic.
It's still a whole lot more fun than commuting in a car in London. Faster too.

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
Glad I wasn't working the night shift! The storm was forecast overnight and to follow a calm morning. I can certainly vouch for that have just had a positively mild 12 mile ride into work.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Took it very slow in the morning (yesterday), but was OK. One slight detour because it looked a bit dicey. 2 pairs of gloves, buff and overshoes. Normal PM ride home.

Last edited:

Sandra6

Veteran
Second day in a row that I've walked instead, and the first time in over a year since the weather has kept me off the bike.
I don't mind rain and cold but the wind has made it such an effort lately and I just don't have the energy.

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
Beautiful crisp morning 12 mile commute ready to take on the world and kept my hands warm with cheap hand earners from poundland

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Was crisp in SE London, but while I passed some frozen puddles the road surface coming in was acceptable.

Hip Priest

Veteran
The roads were alright this morning, but the paths were sketchy (slush over ice), so I walked a short distance down one path, and took a detour to avoid another. I'm more worried about tomorrow, as the temp will drop to -2 overnight and continue into the morning.

Thinking of building an ice bike.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Normal commute for me today, out the house at 7:15 to pedal over to Nuneaton for work, a tad chilly, cold ears and toes, it was chilly tonight as well but the roads were a bit better.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Chickened out yesterday , the wind gusts were blowing me around the garden let alone on a bike .

I did try to mow the lawn as although it was windy ( and windchill meant i had gloves on ) it was dry but the lid of the lawnmower kept blowing off so i gave it up as a bad idea.

Top Bottom