If you managed to ride today.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

die_aufopferung

Über Member
Location
Derbyshire
I've not left yet as my shift doesn't start 'till midnight - but that wind's sounding distinctly unpleasant! It won't stop me, though, just make me again consider fashioning some sort of sail attachment for my rear rack :smile:
 

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Moderator
Location
Glasgow
Rode in, evening shift, waited for a respite in the storm, set off a bit early, escaped most of the rain.
The ride back home was very windy, little rivers everywhere :ohmy:
 

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Location
lost somewhere
I seriously considered walking for a hundred yards on the way back from work. I had been blown a few feet sideways by the wind, not pleasant in busy traffic.
It's still a whole lot more fun than commuting in a car in London. Faster too.
 
OP
OP
runner

runner

Legendary Member
Glad I wasn't working the night shift! The storm was forecast overnight and to follow a calm morning. I can certainly vouch for that have just had a positively mild 12 mile ride into work.
 

Leaway2

Lycrist
Took it very slow in the morning (yesterday), but was OK. One slight detour because it looked a bit dicey. 2 pairs of gloves, buff and overshoes. Normal PM ride home.
 
Last edited:

Sandra6

Legendary Member
Location
Cumbria
Second day in a row that I've walked instead, and the first time in over a year since the weather has kept me off the bike.
I don't mind rain and cold but the wind has made it such an effort lately and I just don't have the energy.
 

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Was crisp in SE London, but while I passed some frozen puddles the road surface coming in was acceptable.
 

Hip Priest

Legendary Member
The roads were alright this morning, but the paths were sketchy (slush over ice), so I walked a short distance down one path, and took a detour to avoid another. I'm more worried about tomorrow, as the temp will drop to -2 overnight and continue into the morning.

Thinking of building an ice bike.
 
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Guest
Normal commute for me today, out the house at 7:15 to pedal over to Nuneaton for work, a tad chilly, cold ears and toes, it was chilly tonight as well but the roads were a bit better.
 

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Chickened out yesterday , the wind gusts were blowing me around the garden let alone on a bike .

I did try to mow the lawn as although it was windy ( and windchill meant i had gloves on ) it was dry but the lid of the lawnmower kept blowing off so i gave it up as a bad idea.
 
Top Bottom