If you wear earphones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Never mind earphones, people in cars drive with the windows shut and even listen to the radio

Motorcyclists wear (and are recommended to wear) ear plugs to reduce hearing damage from the (considerable) wind noise at speed

But cyclists are reckless and irresponsible for wearing earphones

I should add that I don't personally care to wear earphones cycling, but not particularly for any safety reason

But how many times is a motorcar likely to experience another car overtaking them from behind, and how at risk of serious injury would they be if they diverted slightly into its path? Plus of course motorists have several mirrors to allow them to observe whats behind them.
This comparison is a non starter. Much like my old C reg Vauxhall Nova.

Jody

Stubborn git
But how many times is a motorcar likely to experience another car overtaking them from behind, and how at risk of serious injury would they be if they diverted slightly into its path? Plus of course motorists have several mirrors to allow them to observe whats behind them.

The consequences of a car or motorbike being hit when overtaken by a car drifting out of it's lane can be just as lethal. There are plenty of examples on Youtube. Mirrors don't help when the person maneuvering doesn't check them properly.

View: https://youtu.be/2csHStua1WA

classic33

Leg End Member
But how many times is a motorcar likely to experience another car overtaking them from behind, and how at risk of serious injury would they be if they diverted slightly into its pahth? Plus of course motorists have several mirrors to allow them to observe whats behind them.
Where else is it going to come from, other than behind, if it's overtaking?

Drago

Legendary Member
Mirrors that we well know the typical driver does not use well, if at all. Heck, most drivers dont even know how to adjust them properly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom