If you were going to be executed....

How would you prefer to be executed?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I see 'stoning' isn't doing too well in the poll.

Amazing to think there are countries today - modern nations with ice cream and plasma tvs and everything - that still do this. Apparently if they manage to dig themselves out before the local posse bash their brains out, they get let off. Isn't that nice?

Night Train

Maker of Things
There was a tv programme about this a while back.

Beheading was one of the very few methods that guarenteed death but the head could live up to a minute or two afterwards.

The 'nicest' way turned out to be oxygen starvation. Accidental victims becomes euphoric and would often refuse the oxygen that would save their lives.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
User76 said:
I believe the rules are that all stones must be the size of your fist, or some similar restriction!

You bring to mind that scene in Life of Brian when he and his ratbag mum are on the way to the stoning and she's giving her order to the man at the stall, something like 'Two rounds, four flats, um....and a bag of gravel.'

buggi

Bird Saviour
guitarpete247 said:
Arch. Don't open this link. It's the Edison vs Topsy film.
I think I'd go by gassing. I'd just start to feel sleepy and th...e.......n...... I'....d j...u......s......................

if only it was that nice.

Arch

Married to Night Train
User76 said:
I believe the rules are that all stones must be the size of your fist, or some similar restriction!

This was on PM last night on radio 4, talking about someone sentenced to stoning in Iran. They must be 'big enough to cause pain, and not big enough to kill you quickly'.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Arch said:
This was on PM last night on radio 4, talking about someone sentenced to stoning in Iran. They must be 'big enough to cause pain, and not big enough to kill you quickly'.

Another method of stoning involves being buried up to the neck in the ground and a JCB (or similar) digger bucket full of rubble

One pull of the appropriate control lever and ....

This is meant to remove the possibility of guilt (legal / moral) from an individual stone thrower - much the same as the dummy bullets in the firing squad set up

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've always thought that if I were to be executed (firing squad being my method of choice) I would ask them to play Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison just before doing the business. I don't know why but I always find the song makes me smile and feel cheerful.

Top Bottom