Ignore a thread - can you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
and I bet you mean the original Tippex don't you Dave?
4900_sk_lg.jpg

Do you even know they do a new type? You can write on it instantly, oooo witchcraft :tongue:

Invented by Bette Nesmith, mother of mike in the Monkees. She was a secretary when she invented the original and sold out 20 years later in 1979 for $48million

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you want to be alerted to actions on such threads I would suggest taking them off ignore. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:
Hmm ... :whistle:

I'm thinking that I might have posted in threads that started off interesting but then became argumentative/silly/whatever so I lost interest. I would be happy to respond to reactions to my post(s), but don't want to keep up with the rest of the thread.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm enjoying this feature so much.

You know when you're reading something on the internets, and someone says something that is WRONG. You're tempted to reply and put them RIGHT and reduce the amount of wrongness in the world.

And before you know it you're in a thread saying "no, but if you read post #397 propery, if you can read that is, you steaming nitwit, you will clearly see that I never said that, what I said was ...". And starting sentences with the "Yeah, because ...".

But now you just click "ignore thread" and poof! all the wrongness goes away.

Shaun

Founder
I don't seem to be able to ignore threads in the 'For Sale and Auction' forums. Any chance of adding the feature there too?

I think I inadvertantly revoked the permission when I re-did the Classifieds recently - try it now. :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think I inadvertantly revoked the permission when I re-did the Classifieds recently - try it now. :okay:
Cheers - all ok now!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I quite often find that it the same people every time who start the boring threads. Either that or they manage to turn it into a free for all because their opinion is all that counts.

I have added half a dozen to my ignore list and the site has really improved.

Top Bottom