Ignore a thread - can you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was just about to ask this question but found this thread so I thought I would post here.

I notice that there is now an add-on for XenForo which does allow individual threads to be ignored.

I agree with smokeysmoo that this would be a nice feature to have. There are certain popular threads which I never go into which keep showing up in New Posts - How far do you commute...., for example. I would like to be able to filter them out of the New Posts list unless I removed the filter from them.

Ignore User and Ignore Forum are two very useful tools, be useful if Ignore Thread worked too!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I'm aware of the add-on but won't be installing it on any of the forums.
Thanks Shaun, I see that even the greatest arent affaid of a U Turn now and again.
I have used this new feature to great effect.
I will never have to worry about the Tea thread ever again!!!! Yippeeee.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm happy. Soon I'll have ignores set up at so many levels that all I will see will be FNRttC threads and Biggs' latest steel restoration project ... if that. :smile:

Shaun

Founder
Thanks Shaun, I see that even the greatest arent affaid of a U Turn now and again.

Having struck up a conversation with the developer, he was willing to make the changes I felt were necessary and worked with me to tweak the add-on to suit. I also tested it on one of the other forums to get the functionality right before adding it across all of the forums. :thumbsup:

I still need to monitor the impact of it on the server but I'm hopeful it will be negligible.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks Shaun - I am finding it useful!

I don't know if this has been addressed ... While I might choose that certain threads should not show up in New Posts, I would like options to still receive alerts from those threads if members 'Like', 'Quote' or 'Tag' me. (Individual options would be the most flexible, but a single 'See alerts from ignored threads' would be acceptable.)

If you are not sure whether alerts are generated from ignored threads, please Like, Quote, and Tag me *THERE* and I will check what happens! (Tag me here to tell me when you have done it.)

Shaun

Founder
I've liked your post in the other thread - not sure if you'll get an alert or not?

Shaun

Founder
Nope!

There are some long threads that I posted in which I am now ignoring, but I might well want to respond if someone tagged or quoted me later.

If you want to be alerted to actions on such threads I would suggest taking them off ignore. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom