Ignore Moderators (2)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I seem to notice you ma have added an ignore thingy for moderators,of which BentMikey wanted or am I going senile?

Not that I have a problem with moderators anyway.:smile:

Yes I know that was a bit crawly bum lick.;)

What's happened to Cab anyway? Has he banned himself?

Shaun

Founder
hackbike 666 said:
I seem to notice you ma have added an ignore thingy for moderators,of which BentMikey wanted or am I going senile?

Not that I have a problem with moderators anyway.:smile:

Yes I know that was a bit crawly bum lick.:sad:

Erm, no.

What made you think that? (PM if you feel it necessary ;))

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

2l9perq.jpg

Nah,this is what I mean.Is it a new thing and is that what BM wanted or am I just losing the plot?

Perhaps I explained it badly first time and you didn't know what I meant.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

User3143 said:
No you can't Hackers, if you try to ignore it comes up that you can't because said person is a Mod. That is what annoyed BM becuas he wanted to ignore Cab but couldn't because Cab is a Mod.

Thanks a sensible answer at last instead of a few p-takers :smile:;)

Cheers.

MacBludgeon said:
so has Cab left here to cyberstalk BM?

I noticed that and all though I didn't agree with some things in his video I wondered what happened to him.

Strange it can't be changed.Im sure the mods could ban you if they wanted.I know of a (snitz) message board where they just ban you and you can't log on...then again you can't put anyone on ignore on that board.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

User3143 said:
FWIW BM still posts on BROL, as for Cab I think He is a bit of a pretentious idiot who was quick to put his Mod hat on when it suited him.

Ouch.What is BROL? I know he posts on YACF.;)

Got it,Bent Rider On Line.

Arch

Married to Night Train
hackbike 666 said:
Strange it can't be changed.Im sure the mods could ban you if they wanted.I know of a (snitz) message board where they just ban you and you can't log on...then again you can't put anyone on ignore on that board.

As I understand it, the software doesn't allow you to 'ignore' a mod, unless Admin also enables it so that you can ignore both mods and admin, which Admin felt (and I for one agree) isn't a good idea - that way people could ignore any kind of 'authority' (I reckon Admin is pretty light handed) on the forum - or miss announcements and so on.

It's not a mod/admin choice so much, as a software limitation.

And yes, we mods can just ban you:evil:. But pretty generally, unless you are a purveyor of spam, we don't, certainly not without lengthy discussion.

Arch

Married to Night Train
User3143 said:
FWIW BM still posts on BROL, as for Cab I think He is a bit of a pretentious idiot who was quick to put his Mod hat on when it suited him.

As far as I remember, Cab tends to 'put his mod hat on', as you put it, in order to call for a little calm when a thread got heated. I don't recall him ever talking a unilateral decision over any action - that is not the way we operate.

Origamist

Legendary Member
User3143 said:
Neither do I, I know it's not. However Cab was pretenious imo, and didn't encourage discussion. You only have to look at his thread on his vid which shows him going through a TCM.

Not pretentious so much, but tetchy and dismissive from time to time. That said, I'd like to have him back and I hope his absence is temporary.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Origamist said:
Not pretentious so much, but tetchy and dismissive from time to time. That said, I'd like to have him back and I hope his absence is temporary.

Aren't we all? I know I can be.

Top Bottom