IKEA - Appalling 'Customer Services' a word of warning....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I had held IKEA up to better practices than most, but currently they're hopeless if you have issues with online purchases.

Have just had the wrong items delivered, am supposing somebody has my order whilst I have their grey kitchen doors.
With all stores closed, the only contact is via the Customer Service number - there is no email address, no complaint form. Just a phone number. And it is never answered 5 x 20 mins so far, nothing. Furthermore, all the website and the answering system says the service line is open from 0700 to 2000, called last night at 1900 to be told the call centre is closed.
What to do? I can't keep calling ad infinitum....
Lots of pi55ed-of people on fb too.

Anyone have the same issue?
Any ideas?

Slap a claim in via your credit card company.
Alternatively send a recorded delivery letter to Head Office. If that doesn't work start Small Claims. That will work, and they have to pay your fees.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Contact through Twitter?
Only way I could get through to BA back in the spring
This. Tweet them at https://twitter.com/IKEAUKSupport

Even companies that do customer service very well prioritise their Twitter feeds and complaints. All companies do now, as it's so publicly visible you have to be seen to act. You can close down call centres, but you have to have someone watching and acting on the Twitter feed. Even BA do it! (And they're shoite).

vickster

Legendary Member
I actually just messaged through Twitter, I didn't need to make it public (more than enough already had). They responded almost immediately and it was handled swiftly and impeccably :okay:

Many companies are making it harder, allegedly due to Covid and staff availability, although in this day and age surely people working from home could still answer the phones.

I have had the need to contact Sky and BT during the last few months, both of which say contact by e-mail as they are only dealing with urgent queries. In fairness, I just preserved with BT and did get through to someone. I think with many people at home relying on online retailers and services, such providers should ensure they are even more accessible given you can't go back to a store and complain.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In my experience that aren't great, even when open - silly rules.

Bought some bedroom units. Went to pickup and waited ages. Brought furniture out, but noticed immediately one was faulty/missing parts. Can you exchange this. No sorry, you've got to go to Returns (I was not happy). Why they couldn't go back in the warehouse and exchange it.

Joined returns queue, eventually got seen, this needs changing, parts missing, not even left store. Customer services - oh you'll have to go join the pickup queue again. Really not happy. Fortunately someone next to me was returning the same item, unused. Said to staff, can I take that, and they can also have this un-used but missing parts. I explained I wasn't waiting another 30 minutes.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
This. Tweet them at https://twitter.com/IKEAUKSupport

Even companies that do customer service very well prioritise their Twitter feeds and complaints. All companies do now, as it's so publicly visible you have to be seen to act. You can close down call centres, but you have to have someone watching and acting on the Twitter feed. Even BA do it! (And they're shoite).
Have just had to join Twitter in order to do that xx(
But thanks for the info :okay:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have my own story about Ikea's lack of customer service. It was all to do with a kitchen that fell to pieces and an 'engineer' who they sent out to assess it who lied massively in their report. I put in for a 'small claims' but then made the mistake of sending a recording of my security camera to Ikea. They folded like a deck of cards and paid out, I wish I had my day in court.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have my own story about Ikea's lack of customer service. It was all to do with a kitchen that fell to pieces and an 'engineer' who they sent out to assess it who lied massively in their report. I put in for a 'small claims' but then made the mistake of sending a recording of my security camera to Ikea. They folded like a deck of cards and paid out, I wish I had my day in court.
Didn't mean to add to your post but having accidentally started I cannot see how to cancel so will just continue.
My DIL fought Ikea for about 18 months about an oven which was under guarantee but failed to work. She was persistant and would not give up and in the end they folded and gave a full refund.

Top Bottom