Ikea Sladda

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I wasn't expecting the information in the UK site to be in German ^_^

The UK site page for the bike is strange, it has no info about the bike at all, it has a link to the warranty document for the bike and links to helmets and racks to match the bike, but nothing about the bike itself.
Was just messing. I knew where you were coming from. :smile:

Reactions: C R

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
So where is the web page selling the bike.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Some of you may be aware of this but it’s new to me, Ikea now offer a bike. Looks quite reasonable, along the lines of the Decathlon town bikes. And yes you have to assemble it. Here’s a review:

View: https://youtu.be/D6bNR08apxs

"Uniquely designed multiwrench" around 3:30 :laugh: looks like a typical stamped spanner/screwdriver to me, as seen in many 1970s kids bike toolkits.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well, my bike is a possibly 5th hand 25 year old bso, but looking at the specifications of the Ikea bike I don't find it attractive in the least.
Why not? Other than the seller, the price and that that rear hub usually benefits from a hack, it looks a fairly good example of the type.

C R

Guru
Why not? Other than the seller, the price and that that rear hub usually benefits from a hack, it looks a fairly good example of the type.
I just don't find that type of bike interesting, but nothing wrong with others liking them.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
They have had them in Denmark for a long time, but I have not seen one on the streets yet.

It also comes with a matching cargo trailer.

Its basic, very heavy and in a weird way I like it. If they half the price, they may sell a few.

I would. I saw one in the metal at IKEA Leeds recently and it was all right. Head and shoulders the best non-bike industry bike I've ever seen. Love the modularity, belt drive, coaster brake, two-speed hub. The front carrier looked a bit weedy is all.

Top Bottom