IKEA Warrington re-opened today....NO THANK YOU.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
So is "homeware" in the same category as DIY stuff? (I know I could go and read the gov pages, but life's too short :P )
Matalan sell homeware and clothing - floorspace devoted to clothing is about twice that of homeware. I asked the guy on the door if they were fully open expecting him to say that clothes were roped off. However, he said all departments were fully open (there were still no customers I could see though)

D

Deleted member 26715

When the local KFC in Doncaster opened it caused mayhem, out across the car park, round the roundabout both ways, then down to the next in each direction, the problem made worse as nobody could get to the Lidl & Home Bargains who share the car park. Then up the road, B&M, Petsathome, Iceland all screwed as nobody could get anywhere.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've spoken to my son on facebook, he was on 6am to 10am this morning, he said " it was just a tad busy! I was glad I finished at ten so I was out of the building before the madness started! The queue to get into the carpark was unbelievable it went out onto the main road down to the next roundabout round the corner down to another roundabout and round onto the next main road!!"

D

Deleted member 26715

I have to admit to queuing to get into the recycling centre the other day for 2 hours, but we were shafted, if I didn't empty the car we couldn't have got the shopping in it, but didn't expect it to be THAT busy.

D

Deleted member 1258

I have to admit to queuing to get into the recycling centre the other day for 2 hours, but we were shafted, if I didn't empty the car we couldn't have got the shopping in it, but didn't expect it to be THAT busy.

The Coventry recycling centre have had a booking system in place and so far have avoided the queues, I had an appointment, drove in unloaded and drove out, but with some other places the queues have been mega. Theres a favourite garden centre that we would like to visit but when I cycled past last week there was a queue to get in, as long as that is happening we'll stay away.

Julia9054

Guru
I've spoken to my son on facebook, he was on 6am to 10am this morning, he said " it was just a tad busy! I was glad I finished at ten so I was out of the building before the madness started! The queue to get into the carpark was unbelievable it went out onto the main road down to the next roundabout round the corner down to another roundabout and round onto the next main road!!"
Al got up early having heard that one of the recycling centres was open (we have a garage full of cardboard)
“I‘ll go now so I don’t have to queue“ - at 7.30am
Came back half an hour later - apparently the queue was half a mile long.
Anyone want any cardboard?

alicat

Legendary Member

I do but I'm not planning on visiting Mother Shipton any time soon. So no thanks but thanks anyway.

vickster

Legendary Member
Al got up early having heard that one of the recycling centres was open (we have a garage full of cardboard)
“I‘ll go now so I don’t have to queue“ - at 7.30am
Came back half an hour later - apparently the queue was half a mile long.
Don't the bin men take it away?

byegad

Legendary Member
As extremely vulnerable oldies, we're letting you all get out there, catch it, cause another lock-down and then get out there again as often as you like. We're good at home and here we stay! At least until everybody else that can catch it has had it, or an effective vaccine is available.

Top Bottom