IKEA Warrington re-opened today....NO THANK YOU.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Only if it fits into a small blue plastic bag. The bags blow away when empty, the bit of the council website where you can request a new bag is broken and no one answers the phone.
Ohhh I can just leave it up against the wheelie bin if it won't fit. They did get stroppy last time I left a bike box though :blush:

Julia9054

Guru
We know a couple who spend the day there.
I once nearly did. I had to double back on myself to pick up a cupboard door handle I had forgotten. That was it - lost and in some sort of vortex.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
The IKEA in Exeter has had people queuing as well, since 06:30. I odn't think anyone can be that desperate for anything (that you can't order online). I've never been into the store but looking at their website, they don't look particularly cheap for what you get. It's just as cheap on Amazon if you want wood-effect flat pack stuff (which I'm not knocking). Funnily enough, the picture used on FB to tell the IKEA Exeter story had pictures of couples outside, which contravenes IKEAs policy of 1 adult+1 child apparently.

vickster

Legendary Member
The IKEA in Exeter has had people queuing as well, since 06:30. I odn't think anyone can be that desperate for anything (that you can't order online). I've never been into the store but looking at their website, they don't look particularly cheap for what you get. It's just as cheap on Amazon if you want wood-effect flat pack stuff (which I'm not knocking). Funnily enough, the picture used on FB to tell the IKEA Exeter story had pictures of couples outside, which contravenes IKEAs policy of 1 adult+1 child apparently.
I’d say that Ikea flatpack is far better than anything else in same price range. Not that I need anything!!

couples outside may well not have been allowed inside together however

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
On the recycling front, for some reason garden waste bags have not been collected since lockdown. So I've got a 6ft high pile of stuff from the garden (mostly ivy from the fence). One tip in the city is open but I'm not going to queue, I'll just wait until my Dad can come down with the trailer and he can compost it all at his farm. I've advertised all the other shrubs for free and so far one person has had my Fuscia and a couple of other big shrubs.

Brandane

Legendary Member
why-justwhy.jpg

pawl

Legendary Member
Al got up early having heard that one of the recycling centres was open (we have a garage full of cardboard)
“I‘ll go now so I don’t have to queue“ - at 7.30am
Came back half an hour later - apparently the queue was half a mile long.
Anyone want any cardboard?

Are council is Hinckley And Bosworth Three wheelie bins .A few miles up the road councilI is North West Leicestershire they won’t take cardboard Still using bags for some household rubbish Wheelie bin for non recyclable refuse. Are council will take large cardboard boxes as long as they are flattened.

It amazes me how rules for refuse collections are different within a few miles.We are we’ll served in are area regarding waste collection

screenman

Legendary Member
We purchased two ceiling lights, 6 bulbs and 4 mugs from Ikea on Saturday, Greg from DPD delivered them this morning for us.

gavgav

Guru
Similar pictures from Wednesbury Ikea, as well. I simply can’t fathom what people would so desperately need, from there, that they would consider standing in a 3 hour queue that snakes round the whole car park, in blazing hot sunshine and with a pandemic virus circulating? The world has gone mad

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My bet is these are the same people who queue at 5am for the Boxing Day sales. I simply have nothing in common with them.

Mike_P

Guru
Al got up early having heard that one of the recycling centres was open (we have a garage full of cardboard)
“I‘ll go now so I don’t have to queue“ - at 7.30am
Came back half an hour later - apparently the queue was half a mile long.
Anyone want any cardboard?
Julie

Cut it down to A3ish sizes and put it in the paper and card recycling bag, the council will take it, they just do not take cardboard that is too big for the bag.

Mike_P

Guru
Only if it fits into a small blue plastic bag. The bags blow away when empty, the bit of the council website where you can request a new bag is broken and no one answers the phone.
Use another bag, one of those clothes recycling bags that pops through the letter box. No one answering is rare in IME.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I assume you can shop online at Ikea? Don't these people have Internet access?
I wouldn’t queue but in their defence, IKEA delivery prices were insane the last time
I looked.

lane

Veteran
Similar pictures from Wednesbury Ikea, as well. I simply can’t fathom what people would so desperately need, from there, that they would consider standing in a 3 hour queue that snakes round the whole car park, in blazing hot sunshine and with a pandemic virus circulating? The world has gone mad

Absolutely. "I didn't need a new sofa or some bedroom furniture 2 months ago before the lock down, but in the intervening period my circumstances have changed so much it is an imperative and I can't possibly wait an extra few days". FFS.

Top Bottom