Ikea...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
I've not tried it but Ikea do online shopping now so you can avoid it alltogether!
No free pencils though...

D

Deleted member 1258

Shopping UGH, try to avoid it at all costs, they have just built a new IKea near me, I am hoping the other half does'nt get it into her head to drag me round it. The best thing ever invented, internet shopping, much more civilized.

Just. Don't. The whole thing is completely horrible.

But, then again, buying furniture more or less anywhere is just awful. And kitchens.....:eek:

Happily, darlings, I have my furniture made to my own design by Lithuanian craftsmen

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Those big blue bags are great though...especially on holiday. Our Butler finds them really useful for hauling our towels and stuff down to the beach...

I used to travel around the UK a lot and would occasionally have need to drop into an Ikea and my way home...I used to find it bizarre that the stores are identical...you could be anywhere, only the accent changes. Apols to the Brummies here but found thet the Wolverhampton store was the most amusing accent wise.

Bigtallfatbloke

I cannot stand the one way system in there...why the hell cant I just go where I like?...i.e to the exit

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Rhythm Thief said:
Wot's Wolverhampton got to do with Brummies? Completely different accent.:biggrin:
Did you know, by the way, that the Oldbury (near Birmingham) branch of Toys 'R' Us is known locally as "Toys Am We"?:biggrin:

Apols :smile:

ChrisKH

Guru
I went on Saturday and had a pleasant three hours (!) smooching round. We deposited the kids at the creche (which they love because they have 2 Playstations) and the only argument was we should have used the restaurant there rather than going to Pizza Hut first (which was gross; our server greeted us with 'Awwlright'; I knew it was going to be bad after that). As the wife conceded I was right, there wasn't much of a fight.

freakhatz

Keith Oates said:
IKEA is one place that I always give a wide berth, there's much better places around and usually they are more cost effective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'explains why you are in Yangzhou, China?

davidwalton

I have been there 3 times @ Lakeside. Never bought anything as they never had the stock to do so. Never going back either, especially as there are Internet shops that sell cheaper and better quality, as well as being built for you.

Top Bottom