Ikea...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
I've been once. We stoopidly bought a 4ft double bed for a small spare room once only to find that 4ft fitted sheets are like the poo of a rocking horse. Ikea do them, though.

Tetedelacourse

Melvil, I've never been in that modern-day tower of babel yet without falling out with the wife. Time of day matters not. Nor time of month for that matter. Go prepared to fall out.

I suppose you could try wearing a Bernie Winters ostrich suit as it's more difficult (but not impossible) to fall out with someone in one of those outfits.

simonali said:
I've been once. We stoopidly bought a 4ft double bed for a small spare room once only to find that 4ft fitted sheets are like the poo of a rocking horse. Ikea do them, though.

ikea beds are odd sizes... only ikea do the sheets, etc to fit them. found this out the hard way.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I love Ikea. I love the free pencils, the really cheap odds and ends, the unstained-paint-it-yourself furniture, the meatballs....

Boy, if ever get a house of my own, and a budget to furnish it with (as opposed to skip diving), I'm going have a field day!

atbman

Veteran
Women lie: "I just want to pop into IKEA to get a cushion - we'll be straight in and out"

Our record 3hrs 48 minutes (see above)

Pete

laurence said:
ikea beds are odd sizes... only ikea do the sheets, etc to fit them. found this out the hard way.
I will say this, to their credit. When we had our house extension built a few years ago, part of which was enlarging the third bedroom, we found out (afterwards :wacko::laugh:!:o) that it had been built about 5cm shorter than stated in the drawings. Which meant that the alcove which was intended for a double-bed would just not take a full-length bed. Luckily we found a folding bed in IKEA that did fit.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
I love Ikea. I love the free pencils, the really cheap odds and ends, the unstained-paint-it-yourself furniture, the meatballs....

Boy, if ever get a house of my own, and a budget to furnish it with (as opposed to skip diving), I'm going have a field day!

that's because you're a girl arch :rolleyes:

Top Bottom