Ill behaved brats in coffee shops and even pubs now FFS rant.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We were once in a pub grub place, a bunch of us out for lunch. We'd all been served with our fish & chips/scampi & chips/chilli con carne/veg stir fry etc and were quite aware of kids bombing about the place like hyperactive puppies. We took no notice until one of the little darlings came to our table and grabbed a handful of chips of my friend's plate.
That might not seem so hideous but the kid had its nose running beyond belief and covered the lower half of its face, its hands were covered in runny snot which had transferred itself to the rest of my friends chips. The meal was replaced by the pub staff and the parents asked to control the kid. They didn't and eventually left noisily after repeated requests from the staff. The kids were running riot, bashing in to people and stuff, grabbing food off people's plates etc. That pub must have replaced half a dozen meals in the chaotic 10 minutes that the kids were running around.

I only refer to the kid as an 'it' because I couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl. All that snot put me right off my dinner though. I'm a bit tickle-tum to be fair.

The running about, I can generally ignore nowadays. I did get a bit fed up once, when trying to use pub loos when a kid decided they couldn't wait and just slid, on their back, under my cubical door. They were firmly pushed back out again.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General

Sara_H

Guru
I'm at an age when I smile indulgently at naughty children, and hank my lucky stars that mine are past that stage.
Tantrumming toddlers are my favourite.

Sara_H

Guru
We were once in a pub grub place, a bunch of us out for lunch. We'd all been served with our fish & chips/scampi & chips/chilli con carne/veg stir fry etc and were quite aware of kids bombing about the place like hyperactive puppies. We took no notice until one of the little darlings came to our table and grabbed a handful of chips of my friend's plate.
That might not seem so hideous but the kid had its nose running beyond belief and covered the lower half of its face, its hands were covered in runny snot which had transferred itself to the rest of my friends chips. The meal was replaced by the pub staff and the parents asked to control the kid. They didn't and eventually left noisily after repeated requests from the staff. The kids were running riot, bashing in to people and stuff, grabbing food off people's plates etc. That pub must have replaced half a dozen meals in the chaotic 10 minutes that the kids were running around.

My step son famously did that once when he was little, I wonder if it was him.

Before my time, I wouldn't have allowed it, of course!!!

I only refer to the kid as an 'it' because I couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl. All that snot put me right off my dinner though. I'm a bit tickle-tum to be fair.

The running about, I can generally ignore nowadays. I did get a bit fed up once, when trying to use pub loos when a kid decided they couldn't wait and just slid, on their back, under my cubical door. They were firmly pushed back out again.

My step son famously did that once when he was little, I wonder if it was him.

Before my time, I wouldn't have allowed it, of course!!!

The chip stealing. He does love his grub!
Years ago we worked for a London kids charity, looking after a party of 50 kids

On the first night we had organised a party in a McDonalds in Canterbury, and had ordered the food, to of the kids had theirs delivered earlier, so my wife went up to them and nocked a couple of chips

Problem was they were NOT part of our group, and their parents were not amused

So there was probably a website complaining about poorly behaved charity workers stealing from kids

AndyRM

XOXO
Weak rant.

hoopdriver

Guru
[QUOTE 3496677, member: 9609"]tell them what you think, then spend the next part of your days cycling in anticipation of being splattered in a punishment pass.

I do know where you're coming from though and its dam annoying when you're after a peaceful cup of tea, although I find the offspring of the very wealthy the worst.[/QUOTE]
I know just what you mean. I usually stop off for a spot of tea at Claridges when I am out on my rides and the other day somebody's little Algernon was in there wearing the loudest tie and with the noisiest band on his straw boater, which he resolutely refused to remove indoors. Scandalous. I could not wait to get back home to the sanctity of my caravan.

pawl

Legendary Member
As per thread title. Why in the name of the wee man, do people think it's acceptable to let little Shazney / Kylie etc, run around screaming shouting and behaving like caravan bred little peanuts, in the places I like to stop at on my rides. It's getting beyond a joke now. I'm currently sat in such an establishment, with said caravan dwellers behind me, their screechy little Jeremy Kyle child is screeching it's head off, and the nine toed, web foot (probably) parents aren't saying a damn thing.:gun:
Go for it roadkill tell it like it is
Nine toed bet they have trouble finding shoes for ther kids let alone themselves

Top Bottom