"I'll have a P please Bob..."

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

A proper gentleman broadcaster, I understand he had been in poor shape for a while.

RIP.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Occasionally some of his comments were acerbic... did he realise what he was saying or was he being inadvertently cutting?

At least he can meet up with his old mate Gerry Rafferty....

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Sad news. Seems he had been ill since a major stroke in 2002.

I always thought he was the 1st actor to play James Bond as was regularly asked in pub quizzes but he was the 2nd.

Wikipedia already has the news.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
he was an absolute gent. i was on blockbusters in '87 and not only was he as pleasant off-camera as on, he would sit with us in the canteen chatting and taking a genuine interest in what we were doing at school etc. compare that to some 'celebs' who would never consider chatting to the plebs…

Maz

Guru
he was an absolute gent. i was on blockbusters in '87 and not only was he as pleasant off-camera as on, he would sit with us in the canteen chatting and taking a genuine interest in what we were doing at school etc. compare that to some 'celebs' who would never consider chatting to the plebs…
Brilliant! How much did you win? Did you get to do any Gold Runs?
p.s. they show re-runs of Blockbusters on Challenge (Sky 125).

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Brilliant! How much did you win? Did you get to do any Gold Runs?
p.s. they show re-runs of Blockbusters on Challenge (Sky 125).
we did all five gold runs (me 3 and my partner in crime 2) and won some prizes which we converted to cash post-show, a colour tv and a trip to china. all in all the whole experience was one of life's highlights.

i've got the shows i was on on a dvd, transcribed from fading vhs.

Maz

Guru
we did all five gold runs (me 3 and my partner in crime 2) and won some prizes which we converted to cash post-show, a colour tv and a trip to china. all in all the whole experience was one of life's highlights.

i've got the shows i was on on a dvd, transcribed from fading vhs.
Fantastic stuff. I'll look out for you on the re-runs.

Top Bottom