I'll race you...

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Location
South Croydon
... to prove i'm faster than you. Thats basically what i got from a motorist today.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRqFiafvx40


He pulled out in front of me, on the phone, didn't look to me like he even considered my speed, so a blast of the horn to make him aware and a jab on the brakes to slow down.
I was going to pass and just mutter that cyclists go faster than he thinks, and move on, as he was on the phone and i didn't want to disturb his conversation. But it seems the driver wanted a chat, and thinks that because he perceives that he can go faster than me, he has the right to pull out in front of me. He gives me an invite to race him to the bridge, 100yards away. Needless to say he gets stuck in traffic and i win without trying.

1 for the cyclist, 0 for the car driver :becool:
 

GFamily

Über Member
Location
North Cheshire
gaz said:
... to prove i'm faster than you. Thats basically what i got from a motorist today.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRqFiafvx40


He pulled out in front of me, on the phone, didn't look to me like he even considered my speed, so a blast of the horn to make him aware and a jab on the brakes to slow down.
I was going to pass and just mutter that cyclists go faster than he thinks, and move on, as he was on the phone and i didn't want to disturb his conversation. But it seems the driver wanted a chat, and thinks that because he perceives that he can go faster than me, he has the right to pull out in front of me. He gives me an invite to race him to the bridge, 100yards away. Needless to say he gets stuck in traffic and i win without trying.

1 for the cyclist, 0 for the car driver :becool:
You think you WON?

I think that by 'competing' you lost.
 

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Location
Suffolk.
gaz said:
... to prove i'm faster than you. Thats basically what i got from a motorist today.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRqFiafvx40


He pulled out in front of me, on the phone, didn't look to me like he even considered my speed, so a blast of the horn to make him aware and a jab on the brakes to slow down.
I was going to pass and just mutter that cyclists go faster than he thinks, and move on, as he was on the phone and i didn't want to disturb his conversation. But it seems the driver wanted a chat, and thinks that because he perceives that he can go faster than me, he has the right to pull out in front of me. He gives me an invite to race him to the bridge, 100yards away. Needless to say he gets stuck in traffic and i win without trying.

1 for the cyclist, 0 for the car driver :becool:
Nice scalping :smile:
 

Crankarm

Legendary Member
Location
Nr Cambridge
tbh gaz I would be more interested in him being on the phone whilst driving than entering into a race with the guy as he could be an unhinged nutter. But 10/10 for initiative. Why not provide the footage to Roadsafe or directly to plod?
 
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Location
South Croydon
Crankarm said:
tbh gaz I would be more interested in him being on the phone whilst driving than entering into a race with the guy as he could be an unhinged nutter. But 10/10 for initiative. Why not provide the footage to Roadsafe or directly to plod?
I will be reporting him to roadsafe. But more for the use of his phone than anything else.
 

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Crankarm said:
tbh gaz I would be more interested in him being on the phone whilst driving than entering into a race with the guy as he could be an unhinged nutter. But 10/10 for initiative. Why not provide the footage to Roadsafe or directly to plod?

Yes he was a bit of a twunk but i have to agree with crank here as i have had a nutter wait for me up the road( country side commute they are faster than me on open roads ) , some times aggravating a situation can be a bad idea.

Nice scalp though :becool:
 

Debian

New Member
Location
West Midlands
cyberknight said:
Yes he was a bit of a twunk but i have to agree with crank here as i have had a nutter wait for me up the road( country side commute they are faster than me on open roads ) , some times aggravating a situation can be a bad idea.
+1

This is what always worries me so I try to control the red mist!
 
Sad thing is I saw a lorry driver on the phone in an Eddie Stobart lorry yesterday but unfortunately I didn't get a pic....Don't want the guy sacked but I just wish their companies would have a word about driving lorries while using a mobile phone...

Reminds me I have a clip of a cyclist on a mobile phone the other day...he was behind me but made my life very difficult because I didn't know what he was doing.When he overtook me he was talking into a mobile just like that driver.I will post it up later.

Of course when they are using their mobiles their road positioning and concentration goes right out of the window.
 

DaleB

Active Member
Location
Manchester
Hahaha quality, loving the celebration - 'number one' :wahhey:
 

Trumpettom001

Well-Known Member
TBH Lee, Mr car man isn't going to be a cycle lover, no matter what. It's the drivers waiting at red lights that see cyclists RLJ'ing that gives gives drivers somthing to complain about....

This guy will think that because he's in a car, he's better than anyone one two wheels.

just my two pennies.... If I had two pennies...
 
Top Bottom