I'll show you mine........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Birdie

As a newbie, I just thought I'd show you what gets me from A to B. Now be prepared, I'm only a fair weather, leisure rider! She's a bit of a mishmash, and a bit worse for wear, but she's mine^_^
20190514_112415.jpg

chickendrumsticks

What an utterly sensible, good looking and comfy ride! Believe me, we'd all be riding something similar if we were not such posers...

otek59

That’s very nice, doesn’t look like a mishmash to me so long as you enjoy it that’s all that matters

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Super clean super tidy ,no rust lovely old 3 speed .
The photo makes it look good but it is rather scratched with missing paint. Not sure it was originally a 3 speed. Can't even confirm for sure what model it is. Lots of things point to a late 60's early 70's sprite but they had racing handlebars and 5 speeds. It looks like a Royale too but I've only ever found one Royale on the whole of the internet and that was 5 speed too. Even the date on the AW hub is confusing - It has 2 single digits, both 7's.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Looks very much like a females version of this,

DSCN0037.JPG

My much rebuilt 'Raleigh City', originally from the mid 80s it had a similar chainguard and mudguards.

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

View attachment 467267

My much rebuilt 'Raleigh City', originally from the mid 80s it had a similar chainguard and mudguards.[/QU

View attachment 467267

My much rebuilt 'Raleigh City', originally from the mid 80s it had a similar chainguard and mudguards.
Nice bike! I do love Raleighs, they have character. From all my googling though, I found a picture from a brochure that is exactly the same chainwheel and wrap around seat stay as mine which dates it to late 60's but the previous owner of mine must have changed the handlebars and gears. Mine also has the different head badge that was used around that time.
raleigh3_zps942c7d5b.jpg
1960_s raleigh sprite as mine was..jpg

midlife

Guru
The wrap round seat stays remind me of something, BITD they graced some of Raleigh's higher models, have you a pic of the seat stays / seat lug?

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

The wrap round seat stays remind me of something, BITD they graced some of Raleigh's higher models, have you a pic of the seat stays / seat lug?
Yes I have. And a few more if you don't mind taking a look? 3 are my bike showing the seat stay, headbadge and S.A pulley, and the other 2 are photo's of the only other bike like mine on the whole internet!

These photo's are my bike :-
20190522_145200_001.jpg 20190514_112444.jpg 20190514_112544_001.jpg

These 2 photo's are of one I found on the internet :-

Raleigh 2.jpg raleigh5_zps69fc67c1.jpg !

Last edited:
Top Bottom