I'm a nidiot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Within 100 yards of leaving the house and riding a very distinctive flourescent pink Colnago, I knocked the wing mirror off a Scorpio travelling towards me whose driver tried to squeeze me over because he didn't like the fact that I was filtering down the outside of a lane of stationary. There was enough spare road on his side to accomodate a bleedin' motorbike but no, edge over to slow me down and bring himself to a complete stop, to prove what? Arse. The mirror will go back on, they're designed to (I used to own one) but perhaps I shouldn't have been quite so assertive so close to home. ;)

Maz

Guru
That doesn't sound too good!

Deffo deliberate on his part? What happened after that? Did you get into an argument with him?

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
I proceeded to the front of the queue at the lights by which time he had ten or so cars lined up behind him that had followed him through (non of which had felt the need to squeeze me out in the same fashion), there was nowhere for him to go and no possibility of catching me so he moved away.

I just looked him in the eye and swiped his mirror with my hand as I went past. They come off so easily. I think it's a design fault. :wacko:

gbb

Legendary Member
He'd get no sympathy from me Mickle..i did more or less the same a few weeks ago.
4WD refused to give me the right of way i already had...we're coming together quite slowly, he's not giving an inch even though he's got plenty of room.....so i stuck my elbow out and tw@tted his mirror as i went past.
It didnt half go with a bang (although it didnt break as far as i know)...and he slammed his brakes on (with surprise or shock i should think) while i rode slowly off.

Do i feel guilty...do i hell. The guy was prepared to potentialy risk my wellbeing...he got what he deserved. Perhaps he'll think a little longer next time.

Dont anyone come out with any namby pamby cr@p about 2 wrongs dont make a right....:ohmy:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
gbb said:
He'd get no sympathy from me Mickle..i did more or less the same a few weeks ago.
4WD refused to give me the right of way i already had...we're coming together quite slowly, he's not giving an inch even though he's got plenty of room.....so i stuck my elbow out and tw@tted his mirror as i went past.
It didnt half go with a bang (although it didnt break as far as i know)...and he slammed his brakes on (with surprise or shock i should think) while i rode slowly off.

Do i feel guilty...do i hell. The guy was prepared to potentialy risk my wellbeing...he got what he deserved. Perhaps he'll think a little longer next time.

Dont anyone come out with any namby pamby cr@p about 2 wrongs dont make a right....:ohmy:

Its true, 2 wrongs dont make a right;) But you did it wrong, you should of at least broke it slightly, as a reminder.
Would be even better on some cars with those automatic wingmirror-puller-inners. Would hate to see the repair bill for one. I bet the salesmen say that they cannot me broken aswell as they are pulled in to stop cars from hitting them.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
I used to use a Scorpio wagon when I was plumbing. It's not broken, they are designed to unclip from the door in the event of a collision with another wing mirror, if hit from the front. If you hit them from behind they're fukced.

My issue wasn't whether or not I'd wrecked his mirror, I don't care, if sometwunt aims their vehicle at me they've got it coming.

It was the fact that I did it 20 seconds from my front door whilst riding a flouro pink bike which might be considered rather ill-advised.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Your safest bet would be to house the bike some distance away for some time, till chappy has forgotten all about it. Do you know anyone who lives a few hundred miles away who'd look after it for you, take it for the odd spin, that sort of thing?:smile:

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
TheDoctor said:
Your safest bet would be to house the bike some distance away for some time, till chappy has forgotten all about it. Do you know anyone who lives a few hundred miles away who'd look after it for you, take it for the odd spin, that sort of thing?:smile:
:wacko::biggrin::biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
If you realy need Mickle. I will look after it. It will go nicely in my bedroom i think. I'll take it out every so often and ride it very fast. I think i will suit the fluro pink colour on it aswell. Oh and in a few weeks time when you think its safe o go out, you can have it back.
I will also take a picture of it and post it on here for all to see the beuty, i'll even put one up of the bike;)
:smile:

Top Bottom