I'm about to do something I never thought would happen!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
In about an hour's time, I will have both my sons with me in a drinking establishment and we'll spend the day in each other's company quaffing copious amounts of alcohol.

Nothing unusual about that you may think but to bring this about has taken some serious logistical planning as one of my sons is a real prodigal case! We sometimes go several years without seeing or hearing from him and he has previously scorned any drinkers of alcohol and treated them like they were apostates or something. Now though, we've re-established contact and he's mellowed enormously and though I couldn't get him on a bike - or even in a pair of running shoes - while he's been here the last three days, he is actually sociable now so for the first time in my life, I'll have both of them - and no-one else by order - with me in a social setting that involves beer!

I'm actually a bit apprehensive about it but looking forward to it enormously!

Good luck and hope it all goes well.

I hope it's not like my family when we get together for drinks. Even my gran's funeral ended up in a fight.

Colne?
Can we ask which one?
Always interested in recommendations when in those parts.
Have a great time.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
In about an hour's time, I will have both my sons with me in a drinking establishment and we'll spend the day in each other's company quaffing copious amounts of alcohol.

Nothing unusual about that you may think but to bring this about has taken some serious logistical planning as one of my sons is a real prodigal case! We sometimes go several years without seeing or hearing from him and he has previously scorned any drinkers of alcohol and treated them like they were apostates or something. Now though, we've re-established contact and he's mellowed enormously and though I couldn't get him on a bike - or even in a pair of running shoes - while he's been here the last three days, he is actually sociable now so for the first time in my life, I'll have both of them - and no-one else by order - with me in a social setting that involves beer!

I'm actually a bit apprehensive about it but looking forward to it enormously!
I hope you have/you're having/you've had a great and warm evening. Cheers.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Thanks for all your good comments. It went off without a hitch and there were no fights or arrests!

Here's a picture of us all together.
us.JPG

Top Bottom