Im after a quill stem - Specific

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tharg2007

Veteran
ok im after a quill stem 1" with a front loading clamp 26.0mm
prefer a slight rise but not essential.
So far the only ones I have found are theSalsa SUL quill stem and the profile design H20 quill stem.
Neither of these stems can be found anywhere.

Anyone know of alternatives or stockists of the above?

Cheers.

Ison distribute the Salsa stem, but there has been a product recall, perhaps they will reappear in a while.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
Hover Fly said:
Ison distribute the Salsa stem, but there has been a product recall, perhaps they will reappear in a while.

i checked their website and the quill stems without drop dont seem to be in stock.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
threebikesmcginty said:
I picked up a nice Nitto stem from an outfit called Velosolo -

www.velosolo.co.uk

some nice stuff on there, some of it I've seen cheaper elsewhere and some seems to be quite competitively priced. thanks for that.

No stems to my liking though, need one to be front loading.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
just to clarify, im after something like these two:
qssa-crmo-sul.jpg

profile_h20_quill_stem.jpg

bonj2

eughh they're horrible.
still each to his own

why does it need to be front loading? just take the bar tape off, you can put it back on again it's just as good. or won't the handlebars fit round a standard old skool stem 'cos they're too curved?

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
bonj said:
why does it need to be front loading? just take the bar tape off, you can put it back on again it's just as good. or won't the handlebars fit round a standard old skool stem 'cos they're too curved?

bit of both tbh, i also chop and change quite a bit so laziness plays a part too.

MartinC

Über Member
Front loading quill stems are hard to find. ITM used to make them 7 or 8 years ago. There are many about for straight bars but the clamp will not be big enough for standard 26.0mm road bars. Is there a reason why you don't want to use an adaptor that will let you fit an aheadset stem to threaded forks - they're pretty easy to find.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
i thought about that too, even though the quill stem with front load aint that pretty its prettier than the adapter ahead stem combo. So if my quest fails I will either go down the adapter ahead stem or look for suitable bars/quill stem.

Top Bottom