I'm American. Ask me anything.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MntnMan62

Über Member
Well, there's a saying. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. Nevertheless, there are no stupid questions. And clearly there is no common sense to naming the Midwest. After all, this is the US of A. Common sense seems to be in short supply here.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
" The term "Midwest" refers to a collection of states just east of center in the United States "

How did y'all come up with that??
To Americans, is the Middle East actually the Middle West, and the Far East the Near West?

Reactions: C R

Chris S

Legendary Member
Well, there's a saying. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. Nevertheless, there are no stupid questions. And clearly there is no common sense to naming the Midwest. After all, this is the US of A. Common sense seems to be in short supply here.
You can't be that daft. You got rid of Trump even if you are going to replace him with Provo Joe. What's the betting he invites Mary Lou McDonald to his inauguration?

Last edited:
Because the "West" covers far more physical land area than the "East" does. If you knew anything about the US you'd understand this.

So geographically speaking some of the West is further East than some of the East?

Londoners think the North begins at Watford Gap which is in the southern part of the Midlands.

MntnMan62

Über Member
You can't be that daft. You got rid of Trump even if you are going to replace him with Provo Joe.

I despise Trump. I'm elated he's being evicted from the White House. But that doesn't mean I'm elated with Joe Biden. I voted for him because I despise Trump, not because I love Biden. Biden is old and let's face it, he's in decline. I know we are better off with him over Trump. It's not even close. But is he going to be a great president? Anything's possible I suppose but don't think it's likely. I'm guessing he'll be good for 4 years. A lot can happen with his mental dexterity between now and then. What this country needs is a younger charismatic intelligent person who can exude confidence and bring people together so real legislation can be enacted that takes this country in a direction that helps it gow and improve over time. I don't see Biden as that guy. I wish he was. I'm definitely not daft. To suggest that I am is in and of itself, daft.

Chris S

Legendary Member
What this country needs is a younger charismatic intelligent person who can exude confidence and bring people together so real legislation can be enacted that takes this country in a direction that helps it grow and improve over time.
Sounds like Kamala Harris. Hopefully she will get in next time.

Top Bottom