I'm American. Ask me anything.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Some years back we were holidaying in Washington DC.

Heading off on a freeway in a coach to watch the Baltimore Orioles play baseball (which, incredibly, makes cricket look like an exciting adventure sport) our hostess for the event asked "do you have big roads like this in the UK?"

A very insular nation despite all their global meddling.

To be fair, America is the only place I have seen an 8 lane road.

Edit I mean eight lanes in both directions.

And how is that working out for them ?

Screenshot 2022-05-30 3.22.31 PM.png

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Do they have a drill for 'there's a dog in the playground ?' - that was the only drama in my school years.

My wife got into trouble when she was a teacher when a child got bitten. He complained to the teacher and she replied " serves you right for tormenting it". Cue irate parent next day but the headmaster soon sorted her out and she left sobbing and apologising. Could not happen in today's world.

My wife got into trouble when she was a teacher when a child got bitten. He complained to the teacher and she replied " serves you right for tormenting it". Cue irate parent next day but the headmaster soon sorted her out and she left sobbing and apologising. Could not happen in today's world.

Aaaah. Happier times with bitey dogs running free in the streets !

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Do you want to do a permanent swap? You keep Meghan and Harry (and never let them back here), and we'll gladly take Princess Mako and her husband off your hands.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The last time I visited, a pair of Levi 501 Red Tabs cost about £17 in Oregon. OK, it was about fifteen years ago, but that particular state seemed like absolute paradise to me. Gin was spectacularly inexpensive, the forests and rivers were beautiful, and the locals seemed pretty relaxed and friendly. A welcome escape from California.

Is it still lovely?

Top Bottom